Is Windows 11 worth installing for gaming performance right now rather than Windows 10?

Hey, I was wondering if it is worth doing a windows 11 install rather than windows 10 install when it comes to gaming performance (games such as elden ring or other relatively new titles).

(PC Specs are highlighted in my profile)

imo, no. if you need to do a fresh install anyway, worth considering then.

I have seen less studders and have gotten less packet burst when playing COD and warzone on Windows 11, but that is mostly what I play. I've played some Rainbow six siege and extraction too with no issues. I have to say if you stream and game on the same PC, that it appears from my perspective that Windows 11 does a better job using the CPU and I can play and stream (using the CPU, Not NVENC) where as on 10 I had a performance hit on my CPU and lost quite a bit of my game frames. Check my bio for PC specs.

I'm better at fixing people than PC's... For now. 

Remember to quote or tag my posts if you want me to see your reply I don't always follow the threads.

I will be reinstalling windows, thats why I was considering which one would be best for that system.

2 hours ago, Denis_Twin said:

Hey, I was wondering if it is worth doing a windows 11 install rather than windows 10 install when it comes to gaming performance (games such as elden ring or other relatively new titles).

(PC Specs are highlighted in my profile)

Technically speaking, you should not have any performance increase. Possibly a decrease in CPU performance due to the added security features (this may or may not be noticed, as it depends on how fast your CPU is, and if it has technologies inside to accelerate things to hide the performance impact of these features). The performance improvement are more related to the Intel 12th gen CPU, which shows performance gains (nothing major, but notable in some games).

All to say, if you are interested in Windows 11, go ahead.

If you are concerned about it, then don't.

If you have time, and you want to try it, then go ahead, you can always re-install Windows 10. I mean it is a free upgrade for Win10 users.

Windows 11 has many neat features that might interest you, but I cannot guess if you will be actually interested in.

And from this point in, in this thread, you can see what is coming:

get Win11 if you want to spend an hour changing everything so it looks and feels like Win10 again and then wonder what the point of upgrading was.

54 minutes ago, COAGULOPATH said:

get Win11 if you want to spend an hour changing everything so it looks and feels like Win10 again and then wonder what the point of upgrading was.

Same story for every Windows releases. Then people will give it a chance and then realizes it is pretty good, and then Windows 12 comes out, and then:
- "get Win12 if you want to spend an hour changing everything so it looks and feels like Win11 again and then wonder what the point of upgrading was."
- "Windows 11 is the best OS ever made"

Same story with, every, single, version, of Windows, without exception.

Even Windows 95 had countless of complaints, and how Windows 3.1 was better.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Same story for every Windows releases. Then people will give it a chance and then realizes it is pretty good, and then Windows 12 comes out, and then:
- "get Win12 if you want to spend an hour changing everything so it looks and feels like Win11 again and then wonder what the point of upgrading was."
- "Windows 11 is the best OS ever made"

Same story with, every, single, version, of Windows, without exception.

Even Windows 95 had countless of complaints, and how Windows 3.1 was better.

Hello, I was more concerned about current performance based on my components (AMD cpu and such) for gaming.

There were always pros and cons to newer hardware/software for sure which often eventually got ironed out as time passed, just curious about the current state of things.