looking for External Drives reccomendation?

i need an external drives that i will use mainly to store a lot of video and pic. as a backup. im planning to get a HDD than SSD since its cheaper.

Budget : 20 /30 $

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Do you have any more room in your budget? I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find any decent new hard drive for under $30; even empty enclosures go for half that. (And I wouldn't go for used drives unless you've got redundancy.)

$90 gets you into full-size 4 TB / 6 TB drive territory, which is a much better value for the money than a 500 gig external for $40.

Anti-recommendation: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" external drives. They integrate the USB plug and controller onto the hard drive's logic board, instead of putting a regular 2.5" SATA drive in an enclosure with an adapter board. If the USB connector breaks, you can't shuck the drive and salvage your data. I've seen it happen more than a few times. Avoid those.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Do you have any more room in your budget? I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find any decent new hard drive for under $30; even empty enclosures go for half that. (And I wouldn't go for used drives unless you've got redundancy.)

$90 gets you into full-size 4 TB / 6 TB drive territory, which is a much better value for the money than a 500 gig external for $40.

Anti-recommendation: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" external drives. They integrate the USB plug and controller onto the hard drive's logic board, instead of putting a regular 2.5" SATA drive in an enclosure with an adapter board. If the USB connector breaks, you can't shuck the drive and salvage your data. I've seen it happen more than a few times. Avoid those.

bruh i just check that HDD to buy. thx god u remind me. yeah the 500GB seems awfull if i can get more size with double money from 500gb

2 hours ago, DarkGamerA said:

I suggest this oneimage.thumb.png.ea37ba15835fc02fa2e05434953d7252.pnge :
its fast and cheap

@Needfuldoer this is anti-recc right?

8 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

@Needfuldoer this is anti-recc right?

I wouldn't get any 2.5" WD external drive. Last time I checked, Toshiba and Seagate both put regular SATA drives with adapters in their equivalent drives. If you have to get a shirt-pocket size drive, I'd recommend starting your search with those two.

WD's 3.5" externals are good though. WD Elements have the equivalent of Red and Red Pro drives in them, connected through an adapter board.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.