Need to know if this cooler work with LGA1700

paquarri

I'm using a LGA1700 motherboard and have picked out the Scythe Mugen 5 cooler because intel coolers are hell. However, it is not explicitly stated anywhere whether or not the LGA1700 mounting kit comes with the cooler or if I will have to buy it on the side. If anyone knows, please let me know.

5 minutes ago, paquarri said:

if I will have to buy it on the side

Currently, it doesn't seem to come with the mounting hardware and you'll have to just buy the mounting hardware separate. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Currently, it doesn't seem to come with the mounting hardware and you'll have to just buy the mounting hardware separate. 

great. thanks for letting me know as I wasn't sure. also, do you think the intel stock cooler will be good enough to last me like 3 months. I'm thinking that I might just get the Mugen 5 later for my birthday.

1 minute ago, paquarri said:

great. thanks for letting me know as I wasn't sure. also, do you think the intel stock cooler will be good enough to last me like 3 months. I'm thinking that I might just get the Mugen 5 later for my birthday.

For the 12400, it's fine. Honestly something like the Arctic X34 would be more than fine, and that comes with the mounting hardware for <$30. With any of the non-overclockable CPUs for this generation (11th gen is a different story) investing in an aftermarket cooling solution is just to make it quieter, and practically speaking the X34 and the Mugen 5 will perform identically (performance will be the same, CPUs will still be well within safe ranges, and the Mugen 5 won't really be noticeably quieter)