Asus p8z77-v turns on by itself

jl65

My mother board p8z77-v running windows 7 turns on by itself after i shut down.  I know it is not my power supply and my computer is not sleeping it is shutoff.  I was thinking it was Cmos battery or maybe the WiFi to go card or  dlna waking it up or something in the bios.   All of my drivers are updated.  I'm hoping someone will help

maybe a stupid suggestion,  but could you have mixed up the shut down and restart front io panel connectors? Who know maybe it was this simple :)

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

No i shut down within my os at night and wake up and the computer is on

P8Z77-V BIOS 1908

1.Fixed Power On By RTC function failed.

2.Fixed F8 function is abnormal under fastboot

3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

There indeed lies the problem. Someone else had this issue a day or 2 ago.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Turn off any "boot by LAN" or "boot from network" functions in the BIOS.

Edit - to quote Spunk in another thread - "In device manager (in the BIOS) the ethernet controller was set to wake on magic packet.So i unchecked that". However, we don't know if that fixed it yet.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

i updated the bios still didn't work.  i disabled network connection and that worked.  I'm not sure how to do this so i dint have to disable it every time i shutdown

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the bios have a wake up on timer, where you set the time for the computer to wake up?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

i have the same issue, someone plz find a fix

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

Device manager > Drop down "Network adapters" > Right click your network adapter and select properties > Navigate to the "Power management tab > Un-tick the box that says "Allow this device to wake the computer".

Hope this helps!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Device manager > Drop down "Network adapters" > Right click your network adapter and select properties > Navigate to the "Power management tab > Un-tick the box that says "Allow this device to wake the computer".

Hope this helps!

thanks, i unchecked the setting and now hopefully it stops turning on randomly

cpu: 3570k cooler: H100i m/b: Asus Maximus V Formula ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance gpu: Asus Nvidia GTX 680 DCUII ssd: Samsung 840 pro hdd: WD Black 2tb case: CMStorm Stryker psu:  Corsair AX860 

No problem ;) report back to me if it worked!

Be sure to choose the correct answer to change this thread to be answered :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i made sure that they were unchecked and it still did the same thing

I had the same problem with a Asrock board as it turned on at 2am. I went into the bios and made sure the dehumidifier function was disabled. Maybe there is a option like that in the UEFI of your board. Loads of motherboards are trying to tackle high humidity problems, most of these issues are found in Asia.

I tried looking in the bios but could not find anything

• 4 weeks later...

no luck :( still looking for solution

• 9 months later...

Same problem with same MB. Going to try uninstall Wi-Fi Go as suggested by another forum.

I tried looking in the bios but could not find anything

Try disabling "Shutdown Wake On Lan" in your adapter settings:wake-on-lan-shutdown-wake-on-lan.png

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

lemme guess? you have ai suite? thats caused so many problems for me and its doing this. unistall all of its components. that what i did and only installed DIP4 and now erryting fine. hope i helped :)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!