I hate conspiracies but...

Calavera

Found this video on YouTube telling me earth is growing (lolwut)

Before you watch this, please note; I hate everyone and everything that has anything to do with conspiracies, aliens, ghosts, paranormal activity, but this video caught my eye.

Here's the video: 

I'd like you guys to explain what we're seeing here, whatever he shows us really does look believable, but I can't know if he's making stuff up or whatever.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Most of this is bullshit, I've read somewhere why this was/is happening, only if I'd remember why

I'm pretty sure this guy is just miss interpreting the data, (if it's real data) that our oceans are evaporating and tectonic plates are shifting and not that the earth is growing.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'm pretty sure this guy is just miss interpreting the data (if it's real data) that are oceans are evaporating and tectonic plates are shifting and not that the earth is growing.

THIS,

Well to quote him somewhat; the continents fit together like everyone knows (africa fits into south America and stuff) but the north en southpole also fit together... 

Again, I hate tinfoil morons with their stupid theories, but this I can't really disprove, please come with arguments instead of just saying "Lol he wrong, he bad people"

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I'm pretty sure this guy is just miss interpreting the data, (if it's real data) that our oceans are evaporating and tectonic plates are shifting and not that the earth is growing.

Well technically you could argue it does "Grow" every time something like a Meteor and other stuff from space lands.

Well technically you could argue it does "Grow" every time something like a Meteor and other stuff from space lands.

Whatever gives them hope.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Well there is an obesity problem :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

How the hell is this even a conspiracy? "Mwahahaha, we've tricked modern science into believing the Earth is not growing!"

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

Maybe he was high when he read the data.  I think this is more of a closer explanation imo.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

What the guy says actually makes some sense, until you consider physics.

Do the continents fit together on a theoretically smaller sphere? Yes. Are the ocean-floor samples consistent with the idea that a younger Earth had no oceans? Yes. Is it therefore viable that the Earth was smaller at some point with no oceans, and that it is growing over time? No, not really.

The evidence he provides supports both his hypothesis and the accepted theory of continental drift. However, his hypothesis is completely unworkable because not only is there no viable method by which the Earth could expand in this way (especially without generating any mass or altering density), but even assuming one was proposed the Earth would have had a drastically different gravitational field if it were that much smaller. Specifically, it's pull on the creatures living on the surface would have been so much greater that they simply wouldn't have been able to survive (or if they could then, they'd be drastically different now). The fossils we have indicate no such shift in the skeletal structure of animals that you would expect had the size of the Earth changed. Skeletal structure would have to have been a lot stronger for them to survive, but it wasn't.

In short, a smaller Earth would either have to have been more dense (same mass, less space), in which case the gravitational pull on the surface would be stronger, or less dense and having gained mass (and a lot of it) over time in order to increase its size. In the latter case, gravity on Earth would be a lot stronger now than it was before (more mass) - of which there is no evidence in the fossil record to indicate either - and I'm pretty sure the orbit of both the Earth and Moon would be pretty screwed up too. It just doesn't work.

What the guy says actually makes some sense, until you consider physics.

Do the continents fit together on a theoretically smaller sphere? Yes. Are the ocean-floor samples consistent with the idea that a younger Earth had no oceans? Yes. Is it therefore viable that the Earth was smaller at some point with no oceans, and that it is growing over time? No, not really.

The evidence he provides supports both his hypothesis and the accepted theory of continental drift. However, his hypothesis is completely unworkable because not only is there no viable method by which the Earth could expand in this way (especially without generating any mass or altering density), but even assuming one was proposed the Earth would have had a drastically different gravitational field if it were that much smaller. Specifically, it's pull on the creatures living on the surface would have been so much greater that they simply wouldn't have been able to survive (or if they could then, they'd be drastically different now). The fossils we have indicate no such shift in the skeletal structure of animals that you would expect had the size of the Earth changed. Skeletal structure would have to have been a lot stronger for them to survive, but it wasn't.

The guys obviously not a scientist. I believe he has to much time on his hands if he's making videos like this. 

Our planet being a different size also has a effect on our rotational axis around the sun. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Its those hoarders I tell ya!

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.