Any major issues with this build?

Budget (including currency): $2500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Satisfactory, Hydroneer, modded payday 2/3, light 3d modeling, multitasking.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PFXxY9 (New, Edited System)

Mostly need help with what else I need for wiring the fans, and any cheaper but similar spec parts (motherboard, power supply)

Also, how would my chosen power supply use the 3070 12 pin connector?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RX9VY9 (Original System)

Edited by SufiaCatt
Improved Clarity

It sounds like you're going for maximum cooling, but I would caution you about that SN850 M.2 drive. I just sent a brand-new one back to Amazon without even opening the mailer it came in, apparently these things reach 100 degrees under heavy use. Not sure you want something attached directly to your motherboard that can get that hot. Here's a link to a reviewer video about them. More below.

Also, from what I gather, the breakneck speed is only useful for things like RAID storage or working with a lot of data transfer. Any speed difference in most consumer use won't justify the extra cost or heat added to the system. The video below positions the WD Black SN770 as a more viable option IMO. Reviewer indicated a peak 85 degree temp, a huge difference, and it does not sound as though a heat sink was used, which could further improve the situation. I may wind up getting one myself if it doesn't have the heat issues. Video posted below.

Edited by An0maly_76
More info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

ok, the 770 does run a lot cooler for a similar price, thanks for the suggestion

3 minutes ago, SufiaCatt said:

ok, the 770 does run a lot cooler for a similar price, thanks for the suggestion

Keep in mind, I'm not sure you'll notice much of a speed difference between the SN570 and the SN770. So there is that.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

For what it's worth, I've yet to see my SN850 ever approach anything near those temperatures, but the SN770 is a fantastic drive as well and by all accounts, for daily use/gaming you're not gonna see a performance difference

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

Also, here is a comparison of some popular SSDs in game loading. Which I'm told is the only real benefit of an NVME / SSD. FWIW, I returned the SN850 and my original choice of B550M-K board to upgrade to an Asus Tuf B550-Plus, a much better board (VRM cooling).

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

One other thing. I would ask around about anyone else's experiences with Win11 before you settle on it. I've heard some very strange and interesting bugs. One of which makes the computer sleep or turn of the monitor even with these features disabled in Windows.

FWIW, this is what $2,350 has gotten me thus far:

Corsair 4000X case with 3 RGB fans

Corsair RM850x PSU

3-pack Corsair ICUE fans

1 single Corsair ICUE fan

Corsair fan/RGB control

Asus Tuf B550 Plus board

Ryzen 9 5900X

Scythe Mugen cooler

WD Black 6TB HDD

Asus KO 3060ti 8GB OC

Still on the fence about salvaging the SN550/SN570 and Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4-3200 from my current rig. It appears it is slowly dying due to excessive heat (prebuilt with completely the wrong case loaded with completely the wrong components, and upgrades didn't help much). I'm of the mind of, what's another $300 to know I'm not putting heat-damaged components in a new build?

Edited by An0maly_76
More info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JYHd6r

Cut a boatload of cost by just yeeting most of the aesthetics while keeping the important ones so pretty much no diff aesthetics wise, platform upgrade, and ssd upgrade

Ironically vengeance rgb pro is actually decent value just because theres a chance of getting b die and its the only rgb ram that might not come with garbage dies

Windows wise dont waste 100$ on an os that wont even let you create a local account, get a w10/11 key off cheapkey sites like scdkey instead for ~20$

40 minutes ago, NaClKnight said:

For what it's worth, I've yet to see my SN850 ever approach anything near those temperatures, but the SN770 is a fantastic drive as well and by all accounts, for daily use/gaming you're not gonna see a performance difference

I think it depends on the use. To be fair, the reviewer did mention only hitting those temps under extreme volumes of data writing. In the end, my decision to return mine unopened hinged on not wanting to chance heat damage to the other components (something I strongly suspect to be an issue with my current rig), I needed a more suitable motherboard for my build, and both were in Amazon's return window. Basically, I traded the SN850 for a better case / mobo and CPU cooler.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JYHd6r

Cut a boatload of cost by just yeeting most of the aesthetics while keeping the important ones so pretty much no diff aesthetics wise, platform upgrade, and ssd upgrade

Ironically vengeance rgb pro is actually decent value just because theres a chance of getting b die and its the only rgb ram that might not come with garbage dies

Windows wise dont waste 100$ on an os that wont even let you create a local account, get a w10/11 key off cheapkey sites like scdkey instead for ~20$

I totally agree here. I'm not into all this flashy-blinky RGB stuff. If anything, I set RGB to solid blue for ambience / night light, as I likely have Asperger's and bright lights bother me, particularly right after waking up. And I don't even like Win 10 that much, but with Asperger's, I think learning Linux is more trouble for me than it's worth. Bought my own OEM Win10 from OWC for my new build.

Edited by An0maly_76

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I'm not into all this flashy-blinky RGB stuff. If anything, I set RGB to solid blue for ambience / night light

I also have the same opinion though sure if i go aesthetic enhancements then maybe some leds just as an ambient light cause i just want maximum cheapness, though im far from ever properly building in a case, i like the janky testbench ontop a cardboard box just because of how convenient it is jto setup and swap parts on the fly

Aesthetics is more of a personal thing so some ppl like the flashy rainbow lights or light patters and some ppl like no lights, even some ppl in the middle that like single color lights

18 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I also have the same opinion though sure if i go aesthetic enhancements then maybe some leds just as an ambient light cause i just want maximum cheapness, though im far from ever properly building in a case, i like the janky testbench ontop a cardboard box just because of how convenient it is jto setup and swap parts on the fly

Aesthetics is more of a personal thing so some ppl like the flashy rainbow lights or light patters and some ppl like no lights, even some ppl in the middle that like single color lights

I only caved on this build because the best deal I found on a suitable case for the cooling I needed included 3 RGB fans and I like things to match. But they're all getting set to one color once I get it all set up. Case, mobo, fans, cooler all arrived today, so it is ON like Donkey Kong, beyatch! Might start installing some bits later tonight.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

About the cost saving, I'm still under budget and thus am OK with spending something on aesthetics 

About the fans and lights, I also do not wish for bright or flashing lights, and instead planned on having them cycle through a gradient. If there is a better brand/model of fans for this specific form of lighting, i'd love to hear them, but iCUE looks like it has a lot of options (and connects to my browser, so bonus points I guess?)