Best Virus Protection for Bulk Computers?

Hello!! This is my first time posting to any type of Tech Forum so be gentle!!  I have been my head up against the wall for while trying to find the BEST Computer Protection software that wont drag my systems down, Currently running 50+ Windows 10 Workstations. I have a very hard time trusting software nowadays which is a double edge sword! Damned if I do and Damned if I don't! I currently have two subscriptions one with Malwarebytes and Avast. I also need the best Tool\ Portable Software that there is, something that i can load to a USB and bring with me to troubleshoot suspected Virus related issues.

if you're managing that amount of devices, the AV should come trough some sort of central management system.

few options to name off hand:

kaspersky (probably not the best choice right now)

bitdefender

defender ATP (basicly a windows defender add-on package to make it actually useful)

trendmicro

as for the slowing down issue.. they all allow to set up scan schedules, which gives you the power of not slowing down your own system.

a lot of the corporate level AV companies also offer some portable tools usually, but given the initial setup of each endpoint is all fine, you shouldnt need any of that unless in the most extreme cases.

Common sense.

It's free and doesn't take up any system resources (Along with what protection is included in the OS).

A firewall is more important than an antivirus. It's your first line of defense and doesn't take that much performance

My company uses something called FireEye. Seems to do okay, but we also have 2000+ PCs and I have no idea what it costs. It was also pushed out via network so I don't know if it's very portable but might be worth looking into at least. And I agree with @starcar, a good firewall is going to be your best bet.

TUF GT501 | Ryzen 5600X | 32GB RAM | 480GB SSD | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | TUF X570 Pro