Thermal Improvements due to AIO upgrade.

MunnyGuy

I built a system in February 2021 where I had the following build:

DeepCool 50 Mattrex Case (2 top fans one exhaust)

Asus Tuf Gaming x570

Ryzen 9 3900x

32 MB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 Enermax 

LIQMAX III ARGB series 360mm CPU liquid AIO (3 Enermax fans)  in push front mount in case. 

It would idle in the 50s and under load it would easily hit the low 90s. I upgraded to a 5950X which runs hot and it was even worse in the mid to high 90s

I proceeded last week to upgrade my system across the board here is the new system:

Corsair 5000D Airflow (10 QL 120 case fans)

Asus TUF Gaming x570 

Ryzen 9 5950x

Corsair Dominator RAM 64GB (16x4) 3600 CL16

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler (top mounted with 3 QL120s in Push and 3 ML120s in pull)

I used Thermaltake TG7 thermal paste in both applications.

I used the Enermax AIO in both setups and had slightly better thermals.  I then recently upgraded to the Corsair AIO.  The thermals are night and day.  I am seeing idles in the low 40s and under load it hits mid 70s which is a huge difference.

There were many changes in the system but the biggest difference was the addition of the Corsair AIO... I just wanted to share to show not all AIOs are created equally.

i have a feeling that push pull and new case is the biggest diff 

9 hours ago, MunnyGuy said:

I built a system in February 2021 where I had the following build:

DeepCool 50 Mattrex Case (2 top fans one exhaust)

Asus Tuf Gaming x570

Ryzen 9 3900x

32 MB (4x8) 3200Mhz CL16 Enermax 

LIQMAX III ARGB series 360mm CPU liquid AIO (3 Enermax fans)  in push front mount in case. 

It would idle in the 50s and under load it would easily hit the low 90s. I upgraded to a 5950X which runs hot and it was even worse in the mid to high 90s

I proceeded last week to upgrade my system across the board here is the new system:

Corsair 5000D Airflow (10 QL 120 case fans)

Asus TUF Gaming x570 

Ryzen 9 5950x

Corsair Dominator RAM 64GB (16x4) 3600 CL16

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler (top mounted with 3 QL120s in Push and 3 ML120s in pull)

I used Thermaltake TG7 thermal paste in both applications.

I used the Enermax AIO in both setups and had slightly better thermals.  I then recently upgraded to the Corsair AIO.  The thermals are night and day.  I am seeing idles in the low 40s and under load it hits mid 70s which is a huge difference.

There were many changes in the system but the biggest difference was the addition of the Corsair AIO... I just wanted to share to show not all AIOs are created equally.

Weren't these Enermax Aio's the ones that had a problem with the liquid fouling and turning to sludge? I'm not surprised that it performed poorly. 

14 hours ago, NorKris said:

i have a feeling that push pull and new case is the biggest diff 

I think the push pull set up definitely helps. However, I had the Enermax in this build while I waited for the Corsair AIO to arrive and the temps were close to as bad as in the original case. 

12 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Weren't these Enermax Aio's the ones that had a problem with the liquid fouling and turning to sludge? I'm not surprised that it performed poorly. 

I had read that it was only their Threadripper set ups that were affected. I just believe the unit was subpar. It worked just not well.