MBR2GPT Error

I wanted to update my system to Windows 11 so I watched a video that said I need to perform the MBR2GPT command in order to update. I entered the command and got an error. (I'm sorry I don't know exactly what it said) Now when I try to start my system I get a message saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" I have 2 drives, a HDD and a NVME SSD with Windows 10 being installed one the NVME drive. This is my primary computer for what I do so any help is greatly appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Matthew68907621 said:

I wanted to update my system to Windows 11 so I watched a video that said I need to perform the MBR2GPT command in order to update. I entered the command and got an error. (I'm sorry I don't know exactly what it said) Now when I try to start my system I get a message saying "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" I have 2 drives, a HDD and a NVME SSD with Windows 10 being installed one the NVME drive. This is my primary computer for what I do so any help is greatly appreciated. 

Make sure CSM mode is set to disabled in boot options or the like in your UEFI BIOS. And try setting your drive boot mode to UEFI only.

1 hour ago, Frizz said:

Make sure CSM mode is set to disabled in boot options or the like in your UEFI BIOS. And try setting your drive boot mode to UEFI only.

When I disable CSM and exit the BIOS it just boots right back into the BIOS and does not show the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device..." message. 

24 minutes ago, Matthew68907621 said:

When I disable CSM and exit the BIOS it just boots right back into the BIOS and does not show the "Reboot and Select proper Boot device..." message. 

Hmm my guess is the command was not run properly. Try going back over it this way, if this doesn't work your best bet is reinstall windows to set it up right: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

1 hour ago, Frizz said:

Hmm my guess is the command was not run properly. Try going back over it this way, if this doesn't work your best bet is reinstall windows to set it up right: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-convert-mbr-disk-gpt-move-bios-uefi-windows-10

Okay well my problem is I can't even boot Windows right now so I can't do any of those steps, even if I understood all of them. Do I need to download Windows 10 on a thumb drive and reinstall it or ? I don't really know any options

1 hour ago, Matthew68907621 said:

Okay well my problem is I can't even boot Windows right now so I can't do any of those steps, even if I understood all of them. Do I need to download Windows 10 on a thumb drive and reinstall it or ? I don't really know any options

Yes sorry, lookup windows media creation tool and install on a usb

On 2/23/2022 at 5:30 PM, Frizz said:

Yes sorry, lookup windows media creation tool and install on a usb

Sorry to bother again but I'm installing Windows 10 back on to my system and I am wondering can I still install it on the same place as it was previously located? I want to make sure the old Windows in there does not mess up the new installation.

30 minutes ago, Matthew68907621 said:

Sorry to bother again but I'm installing Windows 10 back on to my system and I am wondering can I still install it on the same place as it was previously located? I want to make sure the old Windows in there does not mess up the new installation.

So if you aren't going to try and re run that command by just clicking/finding the command prompt option, the best thing to do is delete all partitions and start from scratch. But beware this WILL delete EVERYTHING.

15 minutes ago, Frizz said:

So if you aren't going to try and re run that command by just clicking/finding the command prompt option, the best thing to do is delete all partitions and start from scratch. But beware this WILL delete EVERYTHING.

I'm confused you want me to try the MBR2GPT command to convert my drive again? I'm just did the MBR2GPT validate command on both my drives and "Disk layout validation failed..." for them both. Am I supposed to be doing something else in the command prompt?

9 hours ago, Matthew68907621 said:

I'm confused you want me to try the MBR2GPT command to convert my drive again? I'm just did the MBR2GPT validate command on both my drives and "Disk layout validation failed..." for them both. Am I supposed to be doing something else in the command prompt?

Look at the link I sent you before. If that doesn't work what I am saying is it is best at that point to just reformat your drive