How many of you regularly service your mice (and other peripherals)?

BloodShed_Oni

This is the second time (last time was 6 years ago) I've opened my Logitech G5 to give it a good clean.

The usual indicator that the mouse needs servicing is the scroll wheel (tends to scroll back 1 line when scrolling) and the pads being worn down (increased friction).

DSC_0328.thumb.jpg.548d0bdf01a30a202406c530c9f361e0.jpg

DSC_0331.thumb.jpg.2939938c17014a03294b3b73622ed001.jpg

Took apart the textured top piece and cleaned out the gunk that built up in the cracks between it and the top housing.

DSC_0335.thumb.jpg.dcb743c9335176754ff71a673e86165a.jpg

And finally some new pads and it runs better than ever.

DSC_0336.thumb.jpg.725525f83eb82bc0a553828fb650ee8e.jpg

What peripheral has you serviced lately?

Tell me you have a cat without telling me you have a cat.

I haven't serviced a mouse since I stopped scraping the gunk off the track ball wheels, other than poking a bit of fur away from the sensor eye. I guess I replaced the slide pads on one mouse, if peel n stick counts. Modern stuff is pretty maintenance free which is nice.

This is really good, cleaning your peripherals, for me I clean my keyboard every other day and mice like never.Although I should!

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Tell me you have a cat without telling me you have a cat.

I haven't serviced a mouse since I stopped scraping the gunk off the track ball wheels, other than poking a bit of fur away from the sensor eye. I guess I replaced the slide pads on one mouse, if peel n stick counts. Modern stuff is pretty maintenance free which is nice.

I don't have a cat.

I have three cats.

49 minutes ago, BloodShed_Oni said:

This is the second time (last time was 6 years ago) I've opened my Logitech G5 to give it a good clean.

The usual indicator that the mouse needs servicing is the scroll wheel (tends to scroll back 1 line when scrolling) and the pads being worn down (increased friction).

Took apart the textured top piece and cleaned out the gunk that built up in the cracks between it and the top housing.

And finally some new pads and it runs better than ever.

What peripheral has you serviced lately?

I generally don't have a mouse long enough to merit cleaning the insides. It generally meets its inevitable demise of being chucked at a wall before I would even think of performing surgery. 

5 minutes ago, MichaelStarz said:

This is really good, cleaning your peripherals, for me I clean my keyboard every other day and mice like never.Although I should!

You wouldn't need to if the mouse feels like it's performing like it should.

1 minute ago, connorkincaid said:

I generally don't have a mouse long enough to merit cleaning the insides. It generally meets its inevitable demise of being chucked at a wall before I would even think of performing surgery. 

Have you considered saving money in the long run by getting anger management classes?

2 minutes ago, BloodShed_Oni said:

You wouldn't need to if the mouse feels like it's performing like it should.

Have you considered saving money in the long run by getting anger management classes?

Tried, failed. Thankfully my anger restricts itself to my own inability to aim in "competitive" FPS games. 

I clean my controllers often,but i should clean my mouse and keyboard more often.

16 hours ago, connorkincaid said:

Tried, failed. Thankfully my anger restricts itself to my own inability to aim in "competitive" FPS games. 

When i lose a lot i can get frustrated,not angry and usually when it happens i quit the game and then do something else (similar to rage quit,just without the rage,i just calmly quit).

You can try therapy with a psychologist

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

I wipe my peripherals with cotton and alcohol every now and then. I'm a sweaty gamer afterall.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |