Time for my second 3d printer

Blindsay

Alright I have about 500hrs on my Ender 5 plus (which i know is not a ton) but I know I want to add a second printer and hopefully one that is noticeably faster. I got my E5+ dialed in pretty well and the quality is reasonable but it is not setting any speed records lol. I did some basic upgrades like the silent board, all metal extruder, capricorn bowden tube and the ferrule upgrades on the wiring. I would like to just add second printer so i have more capacity but I want this one to be faster. I print large scale models mostly.

I was thinking of building a Voron 2.4 but not sure if there is anything else I should be considering along those lines (something big and fast that i dont have to build would be cool but not required).

Any ideas?

Vorons are super cool and I'm considering building one myself, but what's holding me back is that it's a project not a tool. Personally, I really need a 3D printer to be a tool to work on other projects. For that reason when the time comes, I'll probably be replacing my dead Ultimaker with a Prusa i3 or Prusa XL. The other thing about the Voron is to build it properly you need to spend more than just the Formbot kit. Proper Voron 2.4 builds cost $1300-$1700 if you don't cut any corners, which puts them right around where the Prusa XL is. If you're okay with that and willing to put in the work, I'm sure you could build a kickass Voron.

ASU

Personally I like ultimakers, haven’t had one fail on me yet no matter what material I’ve used or settings. You can get them used for a steep discount too 

18 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Vorons are super cool and I'm considering building one myself, but what's holding me back is that it's a project not a tool. Personally, I really need a 3D printer to be a tool to work on other projects. For that reason when the time comes, I'll probably be replacing my dead Ultimaker with a Prusa i3 or Prusa XL. The other thing about the Voron is to build it properly you need to spend more than just the Formbot kit. Proper Voron 2.4 builds cost $1300-$1700 if you don't cut any corners, which puts them right around where the Prusa XL is. If you're okay with that and willing to put in the work, I'm sure you could build a kickass Voron.

Yeah, I don't mind spending up to $2k but I am leaning towards wanting to buy something that I can get going pretty quick out of the box which is not a voron lol.

At the end of the day if i buy a more expensive printer is it going to be 2x as fast as a cheaper printer, because buying 2 cheaper printers is definitely an option.

Just since I am familiar with my Ender5+ I had been also considering getting the new Ender 3 S1 and putting a .2mm nozzle on that and dedicating that to small prints (A resin printer is on my list but I am not quite ready for one yet and the prusa mini is neat but has a crazy lead time right now) and then maybe something like the Ender 6 (or 7?). I could buy both and still have money to go towards a resin (The anycubic mono x 6k looks promising)