SSD with DRAM suggestions?

Hi!

(pardon the very long story, i was just maybe hoping that someome has another solution to my problem compared to what I'm asking for, but if you're not interested, you can skip the very long paragraph HAHA)

I recently upgraded to an SSD for my laptop ( my laptop is the hp omen 15 2018; ssd is the kingston sa2000m8250g, though it was only 240GB because it was a bit of a rushed purchase) because my harddrive was starting to fail. Unfortunately, I didn't do my research properly and due to some circumstances, I kinda bloated it, and it got to around just having 40GB of free space, and since then, the only game I played (destiny 2) started running badly. Initially, it was doing really great, I had it on medium settings which was more than what i could ask for considering my hardware, but after installing something for school, the game suddenly started slowing down and being unresponsive at prolonged sessions with higher settings, now it barely runs at the lowest settings. One solution I've tried today was to increase the RAM because while playing destiny, my memory usage was always at around the 95%. so my friend and my dad suggested I tried increasing the ram, and since it was a simpler option compared to switching out the ssd (which I think is the source of the problem). But then I tried it, and I would still encounter the problems.

Does anyone have any other solutions except for switching out the ssd? (it's also my boot drive rn)

Now, here I am shopping for SSDs and a lot of the googling I've done has been telling me to not go with dram-less drives. but then i can't really tell the difference. One of the ssds I've been looking at is the CORSAIR Force MP510 NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 SSD and it apparently has a "HIGH-DENSITY 3D TLC NAND" that "provides the ideal mix of performance, endurance and value to keep your drive performing at its best for years". Does the TLC NAND mean that it is not DRAM-less?? if not, does anyone have other suggestions for ssds with a dram, that's on the cheaper side?

Thank you for coming to my ted talk

1 hour ago, merriam said:

Now, here I am shopping for SSDs and a lot of the googling I've done has been telling me to not go with dram-less drives. but then i can't really tell the difference.

Usually DRAM-less drives are not reccomended for usage like OS or heavy workload, but, for example, for gaming they are OK. The difference between a DRAM-based drive and a DRAM-less one is that the former is better as performance post-SLC cache, 4K (4096 byte) and has a higher endurance.

1 hour ago, merriam said:

Does the TLC NAND mean that it is not DRAM-less?? if not, does anyone have other suggestions for ssds with a dram, that's on the cheaper side?

NAND type doesn't matter with the DRAM, a SSD can be QLC and have the DRAM. The MP510 isn't DRAM-less. What is the price and what is your country?

25 minutes ago, Wooden Law - Black said:

NAND type doesn't matter with the DRAM, a SSD can be QLC and have the DRAM. The MP510 isn't DRAM-less. What is the price and what is your country?

I'm from the Philippines and I think it's around 80USD here if you convert to USD directly (free shipping basically).

I tried to check temps a while ago and to see how the temperatures are when the slowdowns happen, and it seems like my CPU's heating up is the one causing it? It's maxes at 100 degrees celcius but I'm doubting my ssd right now because this started happening when I bloated my ssd when I had to install a program. Though maybe a fresh install of windows(i.e. actually deleting everything) might help, but the ssd thing might just be a coincidence and i just need to figure out how to get my temps down

2 hours ago, merriam said:

I'm from the Philippines and I think it's around 80USD here if you convert to USD directly (free shipping basically).

In what site are you gonna buy the SSD?

28 minutes ago, Wooden Law - Black said:

In what site are you gonna buy the SSD?

There's something called 'shopee' here, and corsair has their own official store there