Thoughts on Athletic Greens?

JonoT

Hey everyone! 

Does anyone have any particular feelings about Athletic Greens, positive or negative? They were interested in sponsoring Linus Tech Tips. I was on the fence since it is a supplement, and we wouldn't say that it will cure everything wrong with your body, but something you could add to your diet for a healthy lifestyle. 

https://athleticgreens.com/

What is it? 

- Supplement for daily nutrition

- contains a variety of vitamins/herbs,  antioxidants, and superfood in powder form

- Mix with water and drink one a day

- One-time purchase or monthly subscription

- Vegetarian and Vegan friendly

I had never heard of them, it looks good as a supplemental vitamin shake.

Does raise questions about the validity when the whole FAQ is 2 people's "questions" and very clearly answering their own questions.

Their "health experts" have their own founder (has an MD) and the only other MD they have is only credited to a podcast... kinda sus

622122554_Capture2.jpg.47a91b9d81a3e49b9fca6bb908b1e5d2.jpg

that's a big claim and raises more questions than it answers...

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Why not just buy a bag of cabbage.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I'm skeptical about "dietary supplement" shakes in the first place, but what does this do for you that a regular multivitamin can't (for 1/50th the cost)? They put up a lot more pseudoscience marketing fluff than actual substance.

Can the average person even absorb everything they're adding to this stuff, or is it just going straight through for disposal?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Dietary supplement market is very snake oil I feel. Zero regulation or oversight by governing bodies that validate or invalidate claims. Not a fan of it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card