Help! My GPU in my new build died

So I just finished one of my many builds, I booted it up and installed windows 10 successfully but while downloading drivers the PC, BSOD keeps coming up. At first I thought it was the driver issues because it's a new build after all, but BSOD happens so frequently that it made it hard for me to install the drivers, when all drivers were finished it was time for the graphics driver, it keeps giving BSOD while downloading the drivers from GeForce experience and when it finally stated that it was finished downloading, the option for new driver installation is still there, like as if nothing was installed.

The next day when I got back to trying to figure out what's wrong with the drivers, the screen suddenly turns full red midway through and I was forced to force shut down it, but when trying to boot it back up again, this time the GPU stopped working. The fans and lights on the GPU will both work for about 5 seconds and the lights on the gpu will turn off and no display will show while the fans still spins, there is an output from the DP port but it just shows a black screen with occasionally flickering (video tagged)

For my build everything is new except for the GPU which was used. But before building up the rig, I've already stress tested the GPU using 3DMark timespy and it passed the test without any issues.

Here's the list of all my components

(New) I5 12400F

(Used) ZOTAC GTX1080 mini

(New) MSI B660M Mortar Wifi

(New) Klevv Crass X RGB 8x2GB 3600Mhz

(New) Lexar NM620 256Gb 

(New) FSP HV PRO 650w

*The video I tagged in the post it after the GPU died and I'm testing it with the system that I originally stress tested it on, as you can see the GPU it's giving some sort of output but it's flickering

Pls ask me about anything any help will be greatly appreciated

39 minutes ago, Ligthin79 said:

But before building up the rig, I've already stress tested the GPU using 3DMark timespy and it passed the test without any issues.

So I'm assuming you tested the GPU in a different system and it passed? Do you have another GPU you can use to test this system to see if the problem persists? (Could be board or PSU related) Can you try the system as-is with a different PSU? If you tested the card in another system and it worked perfectly then your issue is probably elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, Founders said:

So I'm assuming you tested the GPU in a different system and it passed? Do you have another GPU you can use to test this system to see if the problem persists? (Could be board or PSU related) Can you try the system as-is with a different PSU? If you tested the card in another system and it worked perfectly then your issue is probably elsewhere. 

The GPU no longer works now, I too think that the PSU is the culprit, but isn't testing it with another GPU, sending it on a suicide mission?

14 hours ago, Ligthin79 said:

isn't testing it with another GPU, sending it on a suicide mission?

I wouldn't do it, there's likely something wrong with your PSU. Or, it was just a freak coincidence that your GPU decided to pack up at that exact moment.

Some ideas

• Return the PSU and chalk this up to horribly bad luck.
  • Contact FSP and explain what happened, sometimes a manufacturer will cover damage to other components connected to a faulty PSU still under warranty. (This is rare though, and you'll need proof that it was working beforehand)  
  • Contact Zotac, obviously the card is no longer under warranty but they may still be willing to help for a fee, less than the cost of a full replacement. (it's worth a try)
  • Last ditch effort here: If you take the cooler off your GPU and clean it. You could use a heat gun to try and reflow the solder on the GPU die, VRM, and RAM. This doesn't always work, but there is a small chance it could do the trick (assuming the PSU hasn't completely smoked the GPU)  
  • Good luck to you!

15 hours ago, Ligthin79 said:

The GPU no longer works now, I too think that the PSU is the culprit, but isn't testing it with another GPU, sending it on a suicide mission?

Personally the red screen usually happens with a severe HW error or driver problem, not typically just a short from the PSU,and it sounds much more like the GPU failed rather then the PSU. There are other things on the 12v rails of the PSU so I would expect some other MB weirdness if the PSU failed.

But if you can test it in another system that would conclude more or less what happened

2 hours ago, Founders said:

I wouldn't do it, there's likely something wrong with your PSU. Or, it was just a freak coincidence that your GPU decided to pack up at that exact moment.

Some ideas

• Return the PSU and chalk this up to horribly bad luck.
  • Contact FSP and explain what happened, sometimes a manufacturer will cover damage to other components connected to a faulty PSU still under warranty. (This is rare though, and you'll need proof that it was working beforehand)  
  • Contact Zotac, obviously the card is no longer under warranty but they may still be willing to help for a fee, less than the cost of a full replacement. (it's worth a try)
  • Last ditch effort here: If you take the cooler off your GPU and clean it. You could use a heat gun to try and reflow the solder on the GPU die, VRM, and RAM. This doesn't always work, but there is a small chance it could do the trick (assuming the PSU hasn't completely smoked the GPU)  
  • Good luck to you!

Oh ya I remember something else, the b660m mortar wifi motherboard needed 2 CPU 4x4 connectors **at the top of the Mobo**, but I only plugged one, I was told by my MOBO reseller that it will work fine with only one of it's connector plugged in as he said hes already done it many times himself with no issues, but I really doubt it, can this be the issue? Was listening to his advice, made a mistake enough to kill the GPU? And is my MOBO and CPU safe rn? Is plugging in only one CPU connector ok? From what I read on other forums they say that the 2nd CPU connector is only needed if your planning to overclock the CPU, but weird thing is that the b660m isn't a overclocking motherboard? I'm actually really confused here,  pls help me out

**All components are under warranty got them all this week**

19 hours ago, Frizz said:

Personally the red screen usually happens with a severe HW error or driver problem, not typically just a short from the PSU,and it sounds much more like the GPU failed rather then the PSU. There are other things on the 12v rails of the PSU so I would expect some other MB weirdness if the PSU failed.

But if you can test it in another system that would conclude more or less what happened

Hi