Hi, I need some help troubleshooting rocket league. Having some really bad input delay problems/performance problems.

OllyRl

Hi, I am having some bad performance issues with rocket league.

I am running on Windows 11 (Fully updated), all drivers are up to date (motherboard flashed to the latest BIOS).

Specs:

Wired Xbox One Controller

i3 9100f

16Gb ddr4 3200mhz corsair lpx vengence RAM

WD Blue SN550 1Tb

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

XFX Rx 570

Corsair CX550M

MSI B365M PRO-VH

Intel stock CPU Cooler

2 fans (1 exhaust, 1 intake)

144hz monitor

Some of the problems I'm facing are frame stuttering/skipping (on any fps cap, I also don't have a freesync compatible monitor). Menus are jumpy and not smooth (freeze for a second or two). When joining a game or on kickoffs, I will be on high ping for about 30 seconds. Randomly on any given day/time, I will experience input delay and a sluggish feeling (this is commonly dubbed the heavy car bug, but it isn't that.) The heavy car bug can be overcome by beating the placebo. For some weird reason restarting my pc helps the issue - but it will arise again (at a random time.) After I lag in game the performance drops drastically, my game doesn’t feel smooth with really bad input delay.

I have tried turning off all display overlays (discord, game bar, Spotify, overlay, any others.) I have installed the epic games version - no luck there. If I run the game without discord, Spotify, bakkesmod, it runs okay, with fewer performance issues. But it's not that the CPU over throttles

or high temps because I have manually troubleshooted all of this. This problem has been around for 8 months now, and it has got to the point where I have no motivation to play the game. I was pushing for SSL in 1s and 2s, but now there seems like there's no point. I am only going to be screwed over by performance issues.

However, the part that puzzles me is that rocket league is the only game where I have ever had any problems. This ranges from Xbox days (ping issues) and currently on a pc that can and should run rocket league effortlessly.

This is where I start to believe I am suffering from one of the worst placebos ever. Why is it only rocket league? Is it my Xbox controller, as that is the only thing that technically differentiates it from any other game? 

I am lost. For months I have tried to fix the issues. I am considering upgrading my computer but don't want to waste money pointlessly. My PC can perfectly run games like Fortnite, GTA, valornat, F1, Minecraft. 

It also seems like all of my friends with pre-builts can run their games without any issues. The more and more I search, I find that people who built their computers have similar issues to this.

I could also list plenty of other problems I face with rocket league performance, but I genuinely have lost count.

Someone, please help me. I am seriously considering cashing out £1000+ on upgrades or a sh\*tty pre-built.

• 11 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 12:49 AM, OllyRl said:

Hi, I am having some bad performance issues with rocket league.

I am running on Windows 11 (Fully updated), all drivers are up to date (motherboard flashed to the latest BIOS).

Specs:

Wired Xbox One Controller

i3 9100f

16Gb ddr4 3200mhz corsair lpx vengence RAM

WD Blue SN550 1Tb

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

XFX Rx 570

Corsair CX550M

MSI B365M PRO-VH

Intel stock CPU Cooler

2 fans (1 exhaust, 1 intake)

144hz monitor

Some of the problems I'm facing are frame stuttering/skipping (on any fps cap, I also don't have a freesync compatible monitor). Menus are jumpy and not smooth (freeze for a second or two). When joining a game or on kickoffs, I will be on high ping for about 30 seconds. Randomly on any given day/time, I will experience input delay and a sluggish feeling (this is commonly dubbed the heavy car bug, but it isn't that.) The heavy car bug can be overcome by beating the placebo. For some weird reason restarting my pc helps the issue - but it will arise again (at a random time.) After I lag in game the performance drops drastically, my game doesn’t feel smooth with really bad input delay.

I have tried turning off all display overlays (discord, game bar, Spotify, overlay, any others.) I have installed the epic games version - no luck there. If I run the game without discord, Spotify, bakkesmod, it runs okay, with fewer performance issues. But it's not that the CPU over throttles

or high temps because I have manually troubleshooted all of this. This problem has been around for 8 months now, and it has got to the point where I have no motivation to play the game. I was pushing for SSL in 1s and 2s, but now there seems like there's no point. I am only going to be screwed over by performance issues.

However, the part that puzzles me is that rocket league is the only game where I have ever had any problems. This ranges from Xbox days (ping issues) and currently on a pc that can and should run rocket league effortlessly.

This is where I start to believe I am suffering from one of the worst placebos ever. Why is it only rocket league? Is it my Xbox controller, as that is the only thing that technically differentiates it from any other game? 

I am lost. For months I have tried to fix the issues. I am considering upgrading my computer but don't want to waste money pointlessly. My PC can perfectly run games like Fortnite, GTA, valornat, F1, Minecraft. 

It also seems like all of my friends with pre-builts can run their games without any issues. The more and more I search, I find that people who built their computers have similar issues to this.

I could also list plenty of other problems I face with rocket league performance, but I genuinely have lost count.

Someone, please help me. I am seriously considering cashing out £1000+ on upgrades or a sh\*tty pre-built.

Running into the same issue. It is not a placebo, I experienced it happening mid game. I was playing 3 games 2 days ago the first 2 working perfectly fine playing like Evample car responsive like never. Suddenly in the third game 2 minutes in I experienced about 2 sec framedrop. After it worked smoothe again I had a very hard car bug that felt like very bad input lag. Tried a different controller its felt better by millisecond so nothing much changed stil was very bad.