Tenda TX3 AX1800 or Xiaomi R2350 AC2350?

Zaki_Owais

I don't know if this is the right "sub-forum".

So far these look the best at my price range. I'm priotizing area coverage over anything. I just need it to "do well enough" in a mildly open 3 story building. I'm not gonna do anything fancy, except some things involving gigabit. Please tell if these are good or I can get better. 

Thank you.

On 1/30/2022 at 11:42 AM, Zaki_Owais said:

I don't know if this is the right "sub-forum".

So far these look the best at my price range. I'm priotizing area coverage over anything. I just need it to "do well enough" in a mildly open 3 story building. I'm not gonna do anything fancy, except some things involving gigabit. Please tell if these are good or I can get better. 

Thank you.

No single consumer wireless router will be able to cover 3 floors adequately. You'll need at least another AP to supplement.

Then again, home construction materials, layout and floor size should also be taken into consideration. A typical ranch style home in the US might be fine with 2 strategically placed APs, but the same size home with concrete walls in another country will require even more.

I've never used Tenda or Xiaomi for network equipment. Tenda seems like a super-budget brand, so tailor your expectations. Xiaomi is known for their phones in the Asian market, so I hope I'm not being naive to trust their network equipment. If these are the brands available in your part of the world at your budget (hopefully they're inexpensive), then try them out. I'd advise you to obtain them from a store that allows returns if you're not satisfied.

It's difficult to recommend these brands in the western regions because alternatives exist.