980 Pro Raid 0 for Video Editing?

Are there any faster or better solutions for a speedy editing drive? I was thinking to put 2 980 Pro 1TB drives in raid 0 (not my system drive) but didn't know if there were other or better options or if doing that would use up lanes and reduce performance of my GPU. MSI Z690-A DDR4, 12900K, 3080ti

well..  i use 2 512GB 960 pro in a z390 board raid0 .. you need to set up bios for it either way, if you select to install your system on them anyway you need the raid/uefi drivers when selecting disk to install on. 

i've had some issues with it. but that's majorly because i'm using 2 2080ti's in SLI too.. almost short of PCIE lanes, so they run on 4x2 speed. i still have 6000Mbps. and with a RAM disk software that came with Asus.. i got it to 9900.. gen 4 nvme's should easly do that .. so enjoy 😄

12 minutes ago, Robchil said:

well..  i use 2 512GB 960 pro in a z390 board raid0 .. you need to set up bios for it either way, if you select to install your system on them anyway you need the raid/uefi drivers when selecting disk to install on. 

i've had some issues with it. but that's majorly because i'm using 2 2080ti's in SLI too.. almost short of PCIE lanes, so they run on 4x2 speed. i still have 6000Mbps. and with a RAM disk software that came with Asus.. i got it to 9900.. gen 4 nvme's should easly do that .. so enjoy 😄

I just wonder if it makes a real world difference. I see many people say Raid 0 gives good benchmarks but not much actual difference. Maybe for video editing it will be good.

4 minutes ago, MarkAnthony121 said:

I just wonder if it makes a real world difference. I see many people say Raid 0 gives good benchmarks but not much actual difference. Maybe for video editing it will be good.

normal read  write is 3600MBps, transfer.. i get 6000. 

36 minutes ago, MarkAnthony121 said:

it doesn't for 99% of the editing process

if you are storing a massive library of files you need to import for each video it can make opening the project faster, most people don't have to worry about that. Basically everything is being done in VRAM and RAM on the system once the project is open and actively being edited, then it's processor speed more than drive transfer rate which impact the export of the file after you are in NVME already.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it