3060ti vs 2080 super

Sahl
Go to solution Solved by Mister Woof,

yep, if you can get it without paying more, go for it.

Performance is similar, but the 3060ti will have longer and more driver optimization, plus more refined DLSS/RTX performance. 

Hi all

I have been so unlucky (and I guess also fortunate?) that my Asus rog strix 2080 super OC, have started to have the same issues as my old 2080 (that got replaced with the new super for free)

The retailer wants to try and fix it and if not then give me a Asus rog strix 3060 ti OC V2 (that I will even get before I have to return the card to testing).

I reckon those two are very similar in most aspects, as far as I can look up atleast. But my question is, if you think that is a good deal compared to trying to pay markup to a 3070, is that even worth it?

Do anyone have the specific 3060ti card I mentioned and have experience with it? (I want to see if people have had the same issues)

I play on 1440p (system can be seen on my profile etc.

If you can get into a brand new card that's on par with your old one (depending on the game, maybe even a tiny bit better) for no extra money then i say that's the play.

Fully agree with @rickeo . However what is the problem? If it's happened twice there must be an issue somewhere as it is likely to happen again.

Performance is similar, but the 3060ti will have longer and more driver optimization, plus more refined DLSS/RTX performance. 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

41 minutes ago, rickeo said:

If you can get into a brand new card that's on par with your old one (depending on the game, maybe even a tiny bit better) for no extra money then i say that's the play.

My question was more so, if it was worth it to add the markup from a 3060ti to a 3070 (they might accept that) But I am unsure if its worth the hassle, when they wanna give me a brand new card with 3 year warranty, that is equal to the old one.

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Fully agree with @rickeo . However what is the problem? If it's happened twice there must be an issue somewhere as it is likely to happen again.

That is one of my fear´s. I love the Asus rog strix cards, but I am abit scared, that in a year or two, the same issue will come with this one, thus the reason I asked if anyone had the specific card.

5 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

True. It is a great retailer tbh and the fact they once again want to swap in case they can´t fix, is pretty awesome. I guess I was just curious about the 30xx series and how well they perform as well as the specific brand (again scared of having the same issue a 3rd time)

what are your other pc specs?

games that you play?

monitor?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

26 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

what are your other pc specs?

games that you play?

monitor?

System is on my profile.

I play on 1440p, I tried to balance the pc around the 2080 back in the day.

I reckon from what I see, that I should just be thankful to have a great retailer and not mind the upmark

Thank you for the replies btw.