my asus k53e keyboard suddenly stops working

Hi!

My asus k53e laptop keys suddenly stops working

Some of the keys stops working, and then suddeny they work again, and then some new keys have stopped working, and if i take out the keyboard and like hit it (gently) so like any dirt can come out, they work again, but then some new have stopped

Is it the keyboard that's not working correctly or is it an hardware/sofware failure?

Maybe the ribbon cable? 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

30 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

Maybe the ribbon cable? 

i have checked it, and there was no damage at all

I had a similar issue on my K53S. The 2, W, S and X stopped working and sometimes also other random keys IIRC. This was a known issue at the time

It often got temporarily fixed by cleaning the keyboard deeply with compressed air and something thin between the keycaps and pressing on the cable. This only fixed it temporarily as it often came back a few days/weeks later.

I bought a cheap €5 replacement keyboard on Aliexpress and never had any issues again. Edit: it's still available https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/32898555426.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.49756d76nCgLZD

Just want to mention that the first replacement was even worse than the original, only 3 keys worked. This one did work first time for me.

17 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

I had a similar issue on my K53S. The 2, W, S and X stopped working and sometimes also other random keys IIRC. This was a known issue at the time

It often got temporarily fixed by cleaning the keyboard deeply with compressed air and something thin between the keycaps and pressing on the cable. This only fixed it temporarily as it often came back a few days/weeks later.

I bought a cheap €5 replacement keyboard on Aliexpress and never had any issues again. Edit: it's still available https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/32898555426.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.49756d76nCgLZD

Just want to mention that the first replacement was even worse than the original, only 3 keys worked. This one did work first time for me.

Thx for the reply! The keys are working as they should now. but if the problem comes back and i can't get them to work i will buy the replacement!