Looking for a 4k gaming monitor

Inkz

I already have a 1080p 240hz tn panel, so for competitive games I am still covered. I am going to get to some arm mounts to have this as my second screen. I want it primarily for single player sight seeing games. Also games like Genshin and Fallout 4 only support 60FPS anyways so my 2080 super should be enough. What I am looking for: Size no larger than 28 inches as my other monitor is 24.5 inch and not smaller than 24. High bit depth, or really I just want as little color banding in game as possible, seriously color banding drives me crazy so if anyone has suggestions about that let me know. I want the response times to be decent, doesn't have to be the fastest thing since I already have a monitor for that, but I just don't want extra smeary pixels. Good color, brightness, and at least 120Hz as going from 240hz to 60 just doesn't feel right.

The Gigabyte M28U would be the ideal choice. If you cannot find it in stock or it's significantly more expensive then the Samsung Odyssey G7 S28 is also a great option.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/28/2022 at 5:09 AM, Stahlmann said:

The Gigabyte M28U would be the ideal choice. If you cannot find it in stock or it's significantly more expensive then the Samsung Odyssey G7 S28 is also a great option.

Have you heard anything about the msi optix mag281urf ? I saw it is available now but I can't find reviews anywhere and I never buy a product without a professional review done on it.

18 hours ago, Inkz said:

Have you heard anything about the msi optix mag281urf ? I saw it is available now but I can't find reviews anywhere and I never buy a product without a professional review done on it.

So far there are no reviews from RTINGS.com, Hardware Unboxed or Prad.de. These are the ones i deemed reputable for myself. I wouldn't buy a monitor that hasn't been reviewed by at least one of them. Ideally you'd want one that has been reviewed by at least two of them to cross-check for unit-to-unit-variance.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/31/2022 at 7:32 AM, Stahlmann said:

So far there are no reviews from RTINGS.com, Hardware Unboxed or Prad.de. These are the ones i deemed reputable for myself. I wouldn't buy a monitor that hasn't been reviewed by at least one of them. Ideally you'd want one that has been reviewed by at least two of them to cross-check for unit-to-unit-variance.

Same for me. Although strange I was looking into the samsung monitor, on newegg it says it is a 8 bit panel, LTT says 8 bit but Rtings and HU has it as 10 bit color, am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Inkz said:

Same for me. Although strange I was looking into the samsung monitor, on newegg it says it is a 8 bit panel, LTT says 8 bit but Rtings and HU has it as 10 bit color, am I missing something?

The monitor has an 8bit panel but uses it in "8-bit + FRC" to essentially mimic a 10bit panel. Afaik there are no drawbacks to this method compared to a native 10bit panel. Most 10bit monitors use an 8bit + FRC type panel.