Sensitivity Spike Fix

flaxe

If your mouse spikes in games, then try to turn down your polling rate in your mouse's software! This only works on mice that have its own dedicated software and a setting that can change the polling rate of your mouse sensor. For me, Minecraft is the most notable example of having your polling rate too high, cause random spikes in your sensitivity. I have no clue why this happens, so if anyone knows why please do tell me!

There should never be a reason to lower polling rate, imho.  You lower sensitivity.  Mess with DPI if you have to.  But never mess with polling rate.

Sounds like a Chrappy (Chinese, cheap, crappy) mouse.

37 minutes ago, IPD said:

There should never be a reason to lower polling rate, imho.  You lower sensitivity.  Mess with DPI if you have to.  But never mess with polling rate.

Sounds like a Chrappy (Chinese, cheap, crappy) mouse.

Actually, it's not. Lowering sensitivity doesn't fix your mouse spiking? I use the default dpi settings, which is 800 dpi. Also I have the mouse it occurs on is the pulsefire haste, which is a very renowned mouse, not just some "Chrappy" mouse that you mentioned.. On the contrary, I've never had this issue on my $15 PikTek t7 mouse. This exact thing has happened to many other people, and lowering the polling rate fixed it. Again, this issue doesn't occur on all games, just most notably in minecraft.

20 minutes ago, flaxe said:

Actually, it's not. Lowering sensitivity doesn't fix your mouse spiking? I use the default dpi settings, which is 800 dpi. Also I have the mouse it occurs on is the pulsefire haste, which is a very renowned mouse, not just some "Chrappy" mouse that you mentioned.. On the contrary, I've never had this issue on my $15 PikTek t7 mouse. This exact thing has happened to many other people, and lowering the polling rate fixed it. Again, this issue doesn't occur on all games, just most notably in minecraft.

It's not a deflective mouse either. When I first noticed it happened, I got it replaced but it also happened on the other one. So, I searched the internet and found that if I reduce my polling rate, it would fix the issue. I tried this and it did in fact work.

Then it's an issue with firmware in the mouse.  Doesn't matter how renowned it is--that's an inherent flaw.  Thank god you're only playing minecraft.  In FPS land, turning down the polling rate is like asking to get headshot.

I would NOT use 800 dpi.  That's abysmally low, imho.  Try cranking it to at least 6000 or so, and turning down the sensitivity.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, IPD said:

I would NOT use 800 dpi.  That's abysmally low, imho.  Try cranking it to at least 6000 or so, and turning down the sensitivity.

800 dpi isn't as low as you think. It's mostly all personal preference, but 6000 dpi!!?? How does one navigate anything like that, outside of playing games.

Then it's an issue with firmware in the mouse.  Doesn't matter how renowned it is--that's an inherent flaw.

I won't argue that it might be an issue with the mouse's firmware, but this happens on a lot more mice than mine.

In FPS land, turning down the polling rate is like asking to get headshot.

First of all, your analogy is false. It's more like asking to miss the headshot; that is to say, if it we're even true. Is it really all that world-ending to bring your polling rate from 1000hz to 500hz? I'm sure you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference, going off the assumption that you're not some elite world-class gamer.

1 minute ago, flaxe said:

I won't argue that it might be an issue with the mouse's firmware, but this happens on a lot more mice than mine.

Also, you mentioned how it was some "chrappy" mouse, in which I only informed you otherwise. That was the only reason to me mentioning that.

I'm sure you could poll users here on what their DPI setting is on average.  Sure, it varies based on grip, but I'd guess it's probably north of 5000.  As a fingertip grip user, something like 800 would have me burning a hole in my desk and chair from moving my arm so much.

3 hours ago, IPD said:

I'm sure you could poll users here on what their DPI setting is on average.  Sure, it varies based on grip, but I'd guess it's probably north of 5000.  As a fingertip grip user, something like 800 would have me burning a hole in my desk and chair from moving my arm so much.

I personally use the claw grip and the palm grip. I'm unsure if the claw grip is the same, or at the very least, similar to the fingertip grip. What I am sure of, however, is that my aim is perfectly stable when using this grip. So I can reasonably say that you will in fact, not burn a hole through your desk on 800 dpi.

However, you will burn a hole using 150 dpi, which I had oh so been unknowingly using for the past year. I had only recently switches to 400 dpi, then to 800 dpi. Maybe this explains why 800 dpi is no problem for me, but many other players use 800 dpi, especially in the minecraft community.

Fingertip is related to palm grip, not claw grip.  It's where your wrist basically never moves.