How to convince ISP to fix there bad server routing to fix game pings?

Ishit Singh

I live in India so there aren't many India dedicated servers so I mostly have to connect to EUW or Singapore in order to play games. Ever since my ISP switched to there new server this week my EUW ping has almost tripled, it used to be 150ms at League of Legends but now it's at 400ms.

I have to use external services like Exitlag nowadays in order to bring my ping back to 150ms so this issue must be because of bad server routing at there end.

I recently talked with my ISP and they were useless, they kept telling me to check my ping on there local server at New Delhi, they completely ignored the fact that I've been getting high ping not on there server but at EUW servers.

Then they kept telling me that "Ping on external servers always fluctuate" over and over ignoring the fact that the ping used to be 150-170 not 400ms.

I then said "It wasn't used to be 400ms in past 3 years, it used to be 150ms and I now need to use a VPN service in order to revert my ping back to how it used to be" after reading that I use VPN they kept telling me we do not support the use of VPN since it doesn't use our own servers and left the chat.

They were extremely ignorant and the fact that they just left the chat without any resolution just because I mentioned "VPN" was annoying.

What should I do to convince them to fix there server routing or just revert back to there old server?

Yeah there is no chance your ISP will do anything to their own network by your own wishes. You are renting a endpoint connection, not a specific traffic route. They are also not wrong by saying

17 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

Ping on external servers always fluctuate

Ping even can be affected by weather few thousand kilometers away from you.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

If they're anything like Spanish ISPs, you can't.

Your best bet (if it's even an option for you) is to switch to a different ISP that doesn't have these latency issues with Europe/Singapore.

Had a similar problem here in the UK, I had a dedicated fibre not house (not just to cabinet) so you would have thought that all traffic would be sorted however I run into the same issues. Apparently whenever I raise this issue its passed back to the eventual copper channel (in the case of being in England its BT) so my ISP wont do anything to aid. 

38 minutes ago, Levent said:

Yeah there is no chance your ISP will do anything to their own network by your own wishes. You are renting a endpoint connection, not a specific traffic route. They are also not wrong by saying

Ping even can be affected by weather few thousand kilometers away from you.

True if it were just +10 or 20ms ping I would've thought its just weather but 400ms ping right after they got there new server doesn't seem like any whether issue. Well I guess I have to pay extra just to play online games now...

44 minutes ago, Rauten said:

If they're anything like Spanish ISPs, you can't.

Your best bet (if it's even an option for you) is to switch to a different ISP that doesn't have these latency issues with Europe/Singapore.

Sadly there are no ISP in my area which provides no FUP unlimited 300mbps up/down and this ISP has fiber monopoly in this area as well so even if I want to switch to different ISP I can't.