Computer upgrade, 16GB 16CL 3200MHz to 3600MHz CL16 3600 to 5800X

Budget (including currency): 500 euros

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA Five M + Streaming + CSgo, League, Rust, etc

Other details

Current PC:
B550F Asus Gaming
AMD 3600 OC at 4.35 Ghz
3060 Ti (from HP Prebuild) OC at + 120Mhz Core Clock and + 1000 Mhz Memory clock
8GB x 2 (16GB) 3200Mhz CL18 Hyper X Kingston (terribly rated every time I test them, even tho XMP is enabled) 
PSU Corsair RM750
WD NVME 1TB Black Edition 
Monitor G7 Samsung 240Hz at 1440p

I play at 1440P most games in ultra or highest settings and aim for 100+ FPS

I am experiencing some quite low 1%, 0.1% FPS, as well as some dips. 

After a bit or research, it seems that 3600MHz CL16 Ram would drastically improve 1% and 0.1% Lows FPS. 

Would you agree with this, If so, what ram would you recommend? Would 32 GB of ram be overkill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o74lrq7qh3I&t=198s Links used to compare CL 18 vs C16 

PS: I am thinking of upgrading to 5800X (waiting for the new CPU's to drop so that the prices drop on 5800X) 
However, would it even make any difference, or is my GPU too much of a bottleneck? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_V4k_l9b-s&t=421s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANtbNVh1Fw&t=685s

I am mentioning this as this is my idea for the upgrade path, CL16 32GB at 3600Mhz then 5800X when possible. 

Thanks in advance for your insight. 

Not gonna lie where you saw that going from 3200 mhz to 3600 mhz would dramatically increase that lied to you. Its Marginal, and your CPU has to be able to support it. For instance my 3800x Does not like 3600 mhz Ram, i have to run it at 3200 mhz. 

Generally the only recommendation id say is just increase your ram total from 16 to 32 gb if you want a better experience, and the 5800x if its around 300$ should be a good deal. 

It's going to be very game specific for one. Not every game has the same memory needs. The biggest problem with your current kit is really bad timings. CL18 for 3200MHz is atrocious, and probably indicates that the RAM is just crap, in general. In other words, you might actually fix your problems just from having an actually decent kit of 3200MHz CL16/CL14.

3600MHz will give you some improvement as it will carry with it a higher FCLK. The actual extra bandwidth may not do much for gaming purposes alone, but allowing faster communication between the two CCDs and the cache on each will.

32GB is going to be absolutely useless for gaming purposes alone. If you do productivity stuff as well like photo/video editing or programming, particularly with containers or VMs, then 32GB would make sense.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

37 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Not gonna lie where you saw that going from 3200 mhz to 3600 mhz would dramatically increase that lied to you. Its Marginal, and your CPU has to be able to support it. For instance my 3800x Does not like 3600 mhz Ram, i have to run it at 3200 mhz. 

Generally the only recommendation id say is just increase your ram total from 16 to 32 gb if you want a better experience, and the 5800x if its around 300$ should be a good deal. 

Thank you for the reply. I was talking about the CL 18 to CL16 upgrade, which seems to help a lot for the 1% lows. In general RAM testing for gaming it seems that 3600MHz is the sweet spot for FPS (of course it varies on games) 

11 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

It's going to be very game specific for one. Not every game has the same memory needs. The biggest problem with your current kit is really bad timings. CL18 for 3200MHz is atrocious, and probably indicates that the RAM is just crap, in general. In other words, you might actually fix your problems just from having an actually decent kit of 3200MHz CL16/CL14.

3600MHz will give you some improvement as it will carry with it a higher FCLK. The actual extra bandwidth may not do much for gaming purposes alone, but allowing faster communication between the two CCDs and the cache on each will.

32GB is going to be absolutely useless for gaming purposes alone. If you do productivity stuff as well like photo/video editing or programming, particularly with containers or VMs, then 32GB would make sense.

Thank you for your reply. The ram is from a prebuilt same as my GPU (HP 25L OMEN), it's awful haha. I figured If i'm going to buy ram at CL16/ or 14 might as well go for 3600Mhz. 

Any recommendations in terms of brands?

Would you recommend upgrading to the 5800X as well or that won't change my gaming performance either? Luckily, I am able to buy everything on Amazon for a decent price, I can try it and send it back. I can't really make a mistake there. 

11 minutes ago, Usernotfound LTT said:

Would you recommend upgrading to the 5800X as well or that won't change my gaming performance either? Luckily, I am able to buy everything on Amazon for a decent price, I can try it and send it back. I can't really make a mistake there. 

This depends on whether you're actually CPU limited in games, which at 1440p high with a 3060 Ti probably isn't the case most of the time. You can open task manager, go to the performance tab, right click the cpu graph and select "change graph to > logical processors". This will show you the individual threads, if any one of them is maxed out while you're gaming you're CPU limited, which could be worth an upgrade.

15 minutes ago, Revioli said:

This depends on whether you're actually CPU limited in games, which at 1440p high with a 3060 Ti probably isn't the case most of the time. You can open task manager, go to the performance tab, right click the cpu graph and select "change graph to > logical processors". This will show you the individual threads, if any one of them is maxed out while you're gaming you're CPU limited, which could be worth an upgrade.

I found this to be quite interesting https://www.cpuagent.com/cpu-compare/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-vs-amd-ryzen-5-3600/bottleneck/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti

13 minutes ago, Usernotfound LTT said:

Don't get me wrong, it might absolutely be worth it, but I can't test it for them. Aside from that, all the tests in that benchmark are at 1080p, which would exaggerate the deficit in this case.