Fortnite hardware ban

ohmans

My 14 year old who I love to death, is a gullible idiot.  Used aimbot, got caught, got banned…..which is all good.

but I’m told it’s a hardware ban now no one in the house can play fortnite…

what pieces need replaced? Anyone have a good resource for those of us who are less computer savvy? 

C5639534-1812-44FC-9AA3-59ADE522ECDE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, ohmans said:

now no one in the house can play fortnite

That sounds like an IP ban. Have you tried playing on a different computer to make sure it's just that specific machine?

1 minute ago, Founders said:

That sounds like an IP ban. Have you tried playing on a different computer to make sure it's just that specific machine?

no i don't think we have...i will try tonight after work.....

10 minutes ago, ohmans said:

no i don't think we have...i will try tonight after work.....

I found an article that states the first ban, I'm assuming this is the first, is IP based and temporary. You can try using a VPN but this is technically against EPIC's TOS so it could actually result in further action. Check the email associated with the account for specifics regarding the terms of the ban. I guess your kid will have to resort to what we used to do and go play outside. You may also want to run Eset and Malwarebytes on that computer to make sure it isn't infected with anything as a result of that aimbot. Good luck.    

Hardware ban is combination of parts, not just any individual (like if it would be just mobo, it wouldn't be ban really). We don't assist with circumventing bans of any kind. Please contact Epic support instead.

Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv