Should I get a lower wattage power adapter to charge my new 16” MacBook Pro?

Hi,

I’m currently waiting on my new 16” MacBook Pro with the M1 Max chip arriving. I’m slightly concerned that the supplied 140W charger will degrade the battery faster and with intense workflows likely draining the battery within a few hours I would need to charge the MacBook more often.

Does anyone have any input on if it’s worth going and buying either an Apple (or alternative brand) lower wattage power adapter to charge the laptop? Usually I’d just run with what’s in the box but I plan on keeping this laptop for as long as physically possible so I’d like to keep the battery in good health for as long as possible.

I was thinking maybe the 96W Apple power adapter or maybe even the 67W version (if that would charge the 16” model). Thoughts?

thanks in advance

Apple already has a system in place to reduce battery degradation (every once in a while it wont charge past %85 on my M1 MBA,it waits for awhile then charges), I personally wouldnt bother BUT if you want peace of mind go ahead.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Don't overthink. Use the Charger that's included, nothing will happen.

All modern electronics manage how the battery is charged.