Should I buy rx 6500xt?

Elprokan

Hey, I need help with picking new GPU. I currently use radeon r9 280x and this gpu is basically the last component I need to upgrade. I live in EU and it's even worse here when it comes to pricing. I could buy rx 6500xt for roughly 340€ ( 385$ ) because it's currently the cheapest decent graphic card on the market in my country, or should I spent more for potentially mediocre performance boost?

Cheapest 1660 which should be equal or maybe slightly better than 6500xt goes for 500€ ( 567$ ) / Cheapest 1660 super goes for 605€ ( 686$ ) / Cheapest 3060 is 867€ ( 983$ )
My goal is to play new games at least on medium with 60+ fps, my current gpu struggles with 45 on low and yes I do have B550 plus that supports Pcie gen 4.

What does a used RX 580 cost for you?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, Elprokan said:

Hey, I need help with picking new GPU. I currently use radeon r9 280x and this gpu is basically the last component I need to upgrade. I live in EU and it's even worse here when it comes to pricing. I could buy rx 6500xt for roughly 340€ ( 385$ ) because it's currently the cheapest decent graphic card on the market in my country, or should I spent more for potentially mediocre performance boost?

Cheapest 1660 which should be equal or maybe slightly better than 6500xt goes for 500€ ( 567$ ) / Cheapest 1660 super goes for 605€ ( 686$ ) / Cheapest 3060 is 867€ ( 983$ )
My goal is to play new games at least on medium with 60+ fps, my current gpu struggles with 45 on low and yes I do have B550 plus that supports Pcie gen 4.

Pick the most economical choice for you. If you can't afford something that is going to give you a massive performance boost, then that's just not feasible for you. 

I would say, that the performance differences  between other budget GPU's is quite marginal. The reason that it is getting such negative reviews is because it is a card released in 2022, but performs worse or comparably to cards released years before. 

It doesn't mean that the card is TERRIBLE, it just isn't as much value as it was in the past (in terms of budget cards).

No, a used 5500 XT should be slightly better and often much cheaper. And if you can spend a little extra the 6600 is significantly better.

What CPU? Not all support PCIe 4, even if it's on B550.

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

What does a used RX 580 cost for you?

You can't buy rx 580, and I prefer 2 year warranty, I'm not into buying second hand gpus

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

No, a used 5500 XT should be slightly better and often much cheaper. And if you can spend a little extra the 6600 is significantly better.

What CPU? Not all support PCIe 4, even if it's on B550.

Ryzen 7 5800x

Cheapest used 5500XT was for 350€ so same price as 6500XT but prolly used for mining and not in warranty

28 minutes ago, Elprokan said:

You can't buy rx 580, and I prefer 2 year warranty, I'm not into buying second hand gpus

Ryzen 7 5800x

Cheapest used 5500XT was for 350€ so same price as 6500XT but prolly used for mining and not in warranty

What about 1650 Super and 6600? 1650 Super should be slightly slower than 5500 XT and similar to 6500 XT (when it's not bottlenecked by PCIe).

2 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

What about 1650 Super and 6600? 1650 Super should be slightly slower than 5500 XT and similar to 6500 XT (when it's not bottlenecked by PCIe).

20-80€ more on average for used one.

The fact that is preforms a lot worse on pcie gen 3 computers which is most computers, sucks. Maybe it's worth it at 200ish dollars but good luck finding one at that price. If this card wasn't handicapped it in would he a great budget option, but it's worse than the Rx 570 a lot of the time in pcie gen 3 systems! But if I had to choose between a used Rx 570/580 and a new 6500 xt, I would probably choose the 6500 xt despite it's flaws unless the 570/580 was used lightly and I knew the previous owner, for the warranty and not being used by another person.