SSD with 1 partition

Snowwolfboi

Hi forum i got a new adata xpg sx8200 pro but when i put in my Windows 10 it only have 1 partition so i cant install Windows 10 om it. But if i run Windows 10 Media from a usb stick Will it create The Missing partitions on my SSD so i can use it as boot drive?

19 minutes ago, Snowwolfboi said:

Hi forum i got a new adata xpg sx8200 pro but when i put in my Windows 10 it only have 1 partition so i cant install Windows 10 om it. But if i run Windows 10 Media from a usb stick Will it create The Missing partitions on my SSD so i can use it as boot drive?

Windows 10 installer creates its own partitons that are necessary and lets u create more if you want to, tbh there is no point of partitoining a ssd unless for easier organisation of files 

1 minute ago, Milky Karcher said:

Windows 10 installer creates its own partitons that are necessary and lets u create more if you want to, tbh there is no point of partitoining a ssd unless for easier organisation of files 

My PC Just deleted the usefull partitions BC my hdd have Them but how to create my SSD as boot and remove All the partitions on my hdd to a single one i Will use for my games 

9 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

So you have an ssd with an existing windows install but do not have the efi partition to boot windows?

You can create a new boot partition by following these instructions

https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/52837-moving-recreating-efi-partition.html#post698505

No IT does not have Windows installed

Then disconnect your hdd while you install Windows to the ssd.

Once windows is installed reconnect your hdd and use disk management to delete the partitions you dont want on your hdd

Just now, C2dan88 said:

Once windows is installed reconnect your hdd and use disk management to delete the partitions you dont want on your hdd

Okay 

34 minutes ago, C2dan88 said:

But can i just run the Media creation tool on my SSD and after install i remove the unnesecary partitions on my hdd to fix it 

No as the windows installer may install the bootloader to the hdd and not the ssd.

If you are not bothered about this then yes install windows with both drives connected.

2 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

No as the windows installer may install the bootloader to the hdd and not the ssd.

If you are not bothered about this then yes install windows with both drives connected.

i install windows on my hdd with ssd not connected then i connect the ssd after install and clone it with the amoei backupper standard program

2 minutes ago, Snowwolfboi said:

i install windows on my hdd with ssd not connected then i connect the ssd after install and clone it with the amoei backupper standard program

It would be much easier just to install it on the SSD in the first place.

If you have multiple drives plugged in, Windows likes to put parts of the install on different drives. You'll end up with weird things happening if you just clone drives and copy them to drives that already have parts of Windows. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

If you have multiple drives plugged in, Windows likes to put parts of the install on different drives. You'll end up with weird things happening if you just clone drives and copy them to drives that already have parts of Windows. 

ok so i disconnect the hdd and install windows ok good idea thx for the tips guys

22 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Btw can i boot into BIOS if i remove the drive that have efi partition?