How do you keep your rig clean?

make sure you have no intake fans  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Give it a go over with a toothbrush and a cloth whenever I get new components.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

The ensure positive pressure, you just need more intake fans than exhaust. Or at least the intake fans need to be drawing more air than the exhausts. For example my case has two intake fans in the front and one exhaust in the back.

To remove dust you can of course use air but also a soft brush is helpful, especially on PCBs.

Lol, your a Secure Socket Layer.

I don't consent to searches!

like this:

scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub

you, good sir, just made my day xD

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

some brand new tooth brush and compressed air. it works and nothing has broken so far for all these years.

I do remember washing my keyboard with water though (ducky shine) washed it with water a little scrub and a 4 days dip in the rice bucket.

Live your life like a dream.

This works:

swiffer.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

like this:

scrub scrub scrub scrub scrub

Ok, don't scrub eventhough I get likes....

I think this video would help you out alot, heck I even do the same thing;

Thx Linus!

Ok, don't scrub eventhough I get likes....

I think this video would help you out alot, heck I even do the same thing;

Thx Linus!

Best LTT video ever.

Well first off  remove all my components from my pc case, and safely place them in a dishwater making sure there are no items that will leave scratches or harm any of the components. You then want to use a soap that is non conductive and wash you component for exactly 10 minutes. Finally go ahead and proceed to throw the components in the bin. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

one of the most simple thing to reduce the amount of dust in your computer is to have your computer on your desk not the floor

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Can anybody explain the whole concept of positive ptessure?

And I really need to get some of that compressed air. The dust in my case is actually only on the fans :(

postive pressure you want to draw more air into your case through filter's so anywhere there isnt filter's the air is getting forced out

for fans you can take them out and clean them with a damp cloth and just leave them to dry, also Isopropyl alcohol in the more sensitive areas

postive pressure you want to draw more air into your case through filter's so anywhere there isnt filter's the air is getting forced out

for fans you can take them out and clean them with a damp cloth and just leave them to dry, also Isopropyl alcohol in the more sensitive areas

thanks i get it now :D But i guess having a top fan won't help keep it clean even if it pushes out the air. Because dust just falls onto it.

thanks i get it now :D But i guess having a top fan won't help keep it clean even if it pushes out the air. Because dust just falls onto it.

no you will find it helps , when its on it will blow it out