FPS

Florian11

Hello guys,

I have my Acer laptop  ssince july 2013 and after a long time i could feel that my average fps in all games went down and now i really notice it. I had like 720gb on my HDD and thought uninstalling some games which i dont play would make it better, it did but not very much. So now i have 357Gb  on my 5400rpm HDD. Afterwards i made a defragmentation but it didnt help too, so now i wanna know what the problem is? 

I would appreciate it if you answer!

System specs are on my profile

The amount of space used up on your HDD does not correlate to the amount of FPS you get.

EDIT: If that was the case though, it would be time to start building a server room and get racks of HDDs

i increased them just a bit but i dont get to the amount of fps i had when the laptop was new

i had more fps 3 months ago and then the HDD was like 500gb full

The hard drive has no effect on games, i have 3 full hard drives and my fps has not changed

Me - "I have a GTX 780"

Other Guy - "Yeah, well i have a server room, ha i get so much more fps than you"

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

and what can i do then?

You have to quote people, I have no idea, you could update your drivers to gain a little performance possibly (this is only if they are not up to date already)

Me - "I have a GTX 780"

Other Guy - "Yeah, well i have a server room, ha i get so much more fps than you"

(supercomputer) "Titan" come at me bro

have you got some sort of a power saving mode?

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

and what can i do then?

Do you have other applications open while gaming, are your drivers up to date, and have you always played the games with the same settings?

And, again, the hard drive has no effect on performance, unless you run out of RAM and the game you're playing is relying on the paging file, I believe it is, and in that case, you would experience freezes rather than a general decrease in FPS. But, since you have 16 GB, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

Or, perhaps you are blocking a vent on the laptop, which is causing the GPU to get hot and throttle down the clock speeds to prevent itself from overheating. Dust could cause that as well.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

no i dont have newest driverrs cuz then older games wont run but thats not the point i think

no i dont have newest driverrs cuz then older games wont run but thats not the point i think

old games will run and that probably is the point, once again QUOTE PEOPLE

no i have Kasperky so i wont get viruses

1.you can always get viruses!

2.it may be games updating, laptop getting full of dust or you laptop being worn out!

Thing

Me - "I have a GTX 780"

"I've got a 120GB SSD for games, does the trick for my little BF3 :)"

"Oh, wow, douchebag, how many FPS do you get with that? 2? I have 250GB HDD so I kick your butt with games >:D"

Hey.

Theoretically, old games will run better with new drivers.

Also clean your pc out. Dust buildup could be causing your CPU or GPU to overheat and throttle.

This would lower your FPS.

quote people

old games will run and that probably is the point, once again QUOTE PEOPLE

Slow learner lol, guess you gave up...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Slow learner lol, guess you gave up...

I said that to him on multiple topics, then i had a power cut, then i gave up for obvious reasons

I said that to him on multiple topics, then i had a power cut, then i gave up for obvious reasons

Imagine trying to teach the MultiQuote button 0_o hehehehe

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Imagine trying to teach the MultiQuote button 0_o hehehehe

ohh god