New Monitor Help

Chrislandry238

Hey all

Need some advice on a new monitor. Looking for 27 inch 1440p, 144hz or anything higher. Ive been eyeying these but wondering if there is any difference between ips vs fast ips or is it gimic. 

Two i have been looking at  

Asus Rog Strix XG27AQ 

Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A

Chris

Just gonna quote my post from another thread as it fits here pretty well.

9 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

The Gigabyte M27Q is the best bang for your buck monitor. (~$320)

It offers most features of the monitors below while being slightly worse in terms of response times and color gamut. And it has the downside of using a BGR subpixel layout which can result in comparatively worse text clarity.

The MSI MAG274QRF-QD is the best overall 1440p 144Hz-class monitor before getting into diminishing returns. (~$450)

It pretty much has it all and if you know you're not into high-level competitive gaming then there is not much more higher-end 27" 1440p monitors offer on top.

For the "average gamer" this is the best choice imo.

The Asus PG279QM is the best overall if budget is no concern and you have games that can take advantage of 240Hz. (~$900)

(This is the point of diminishing return. The only additional feature over the MSI monitor is the 240Hz refresh rate - but at a hefty price premium)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Just gonna quote my post from another thread as it fits here pretty well.

I currently have an asus  pg278q which is from 2015 1440p 144hz tv monitor but i want a second monitor  always like having two monitors and just sold my old 1080p. 

3 hours ago, Chrislandry238 said:

I currently have an asus  pg278q which is from 2015 1440p 144hz tv monitor but i want a second monitor  always like having two monitors and just sold my old 1080p. 

Do you want to buy a better one and use the Asus as a 2nd one or do you want to buy a lower-end one as a 2nd monitor?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

Do you want to buy a better one and use the Asus as a 2nd one or do you want to buy a lower-end one as a 2nd monitor?

A better one than the one i have 

3 minutes ago, Chrislandry238 said:

A better one than the one i have 

Then i'd recommend the MSI i mentioned above.

9 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Then i'd recommend the MSI i mentioned above.

Reviewing it now