Do I need all of this software?

Go to solution Solved by Mark Kaine,

i definitely wouldn't uninstall the visual c++ stuff, its not a "core" program but you can experience massive issues with your system if you remove those, and they generally don't take much space.

actually im not sure about the kinect stuff but if you're unsure if you have programs that need it i probably wouldn't uninstall those either,  though it seems to be less important than the visual c++ stuff.

edit: similar for everything else on this screenshot,  if you don't know which programs use these apps then dont deinstall them, its not worth the possible trouble from doing so.

Kinect speech recognition no. You can uninstall all except the one for your native language if you use speech recognition.

The redistributables you'll need to keep for running programs

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables are used by many programs, for example games and depending on the age of the software it'll require a different version.

If you want to clean up, I'd sort by size then start removing the largest ones you don't need first. There's not much point in removing things that only use a few MBs.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

i definitely wouldn't uninstall the visual c++ stuff, its not a "core" program but you can experience massive issues with your system if you remove those, and they generally don't take much space.

actually im not sure about the kinect stuff but if you're unsure if you have programs that need it i probably wouldn't uninstall those either,  though it seems to be less important than the visual c++ stuff.

edit: similar for everything else on this screenshot,  if you don't know which programs use these apps then dont deinstall them, its not worth the possible trouble from doing so.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity