Wireless devices battery life in inactivity

VoidThinker
Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,
11 minutes ago, VoidThinker said:

is it better to leave it at full battery or should I leave it completely empty

Neither, you should have them around 60-70% charge ideally.

And power them up regularly to check they haven't self-discharged too much, if so bring them back up to the above and note how much time it's taken to know when you should look at them again.

At an end of my drawer today I "discovered" some wireless devices I didn't use for some time, I forgot about them:

- powerbank - battery was at 55% (didn't use this for more than 2 years)

- wireless earbuds - battery was at 70% (7 months of inactivity)

- wireless mp3 player - battery was at 1% - charge messsage (around 13 months of inactivity)

Will this inacitivity damage my battery? If I don't plan to use wireless devices for a while, is it better to leave it at full battery or should I leave it completely empty? 

11 minutes ago, VoidThinker said:

is it better to leave it at full battery or should I leave it completely empty

And power them up regularly to check they haven't self-discharged too much, if so bring them back up to the above and note how much time it's taken to know when you should look at them again.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

23 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Thanks, this whole day I am trying to drain their battery to 0% so I can charge them fully. I will leave them at 70%.

Should I be worried that this inactivity will significantly affect their battery life? I will test their battery life duration soon but I am curious what to expect...

1 minute ago, VoidThinker said:

Thanks, this whole day I am trying to drain their battery to 0% so I can charge them fully. I will leave them at 70%.

Should I be worried that this inactivity will significantly affect their battery life? I will their battery life duration soon but I am curious what to expect...

If you don't use them why worry, but it won't significantly affect their battery life. 

14 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

If you don't use them why worry, but it won't significantly affect their battery life. 

Since they are not some cheap budget crap from Aliexpress I am thinking of selling them if all tests turn out ok 🙂