Help me LTT, you're my only hope

Chinupofficial1

Ok so I'm running into this issue. My friend gave me an Acer curved display monitor and it needs a new screen panel but I can't find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know anywhere where I can get a replacement or is this thing just junk 

We would need to know the specific model of monitor to figure out what panel it uses.

Considering the cost and effort of replacing the panel, more than likely it's effectively junk. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It's not worth the time and money, as replacements are often as expensive as a new monitor. But if you really want to find it and can't find the data online you will have to open it up and look at the part number on the internal sticker.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

9 hours ago, Chinupofficial1 said:

Ok so I'm running into this issue. My friend gave me an Acer curved display monitor and it needs a new screen panel but I can't find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know anywhere where I can get a replacement or is this thing just junk 

I had an LG 34" that met an untimely demise when something came crashing in to it. It was my fault my desk was in a common area, but anyways I contacted LG directly and the cost of a new panel was almost the same as purchasing a monitor (MSRP was 349 and the replacement was panel 299). It would be factory new at least.

You could try finding the same monitor on ebay or something for cheap, that doesn't power on, or something along those lines but otherwise the panel is in good shape. Although you take a risk with the donor display having issues with the panel that the seller is unaware of.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, IntelJoe said:

I had an LG 34" that met an untimely demise when something came crashing in to it. It was my fault my desk was in a common area, but anyways I contacted LG directly and the cost of a new panel was almost the same as purchasing a monitor (MSRP was 349 and the replacement was panel 299). It would be factory new at least.

You could try finding the same monitor on ebay or something for cheap, that doesn't power on, or something along those lines but otherwise the panel is in good shape. Although you take a risk with the donor display having issues with the panel that the seller is unaware of.

You were lucky, the quote they gave me was actually higher than than the market price of my particular monitor

Thanks guys. I'll look into a part number and how much that'll be and worst case I'll go on eBay to find one with a good screen. It was free though so 

In the car mod community, this is what's known as a "forced upgrade".

On 1/23/2022 at 1:52 AM, IPD said:

In the car mod community, this is what's known as a "forced upgrade".

Lmao