I think I found the solution to the HP underperformance.

When Linus was looking through the boot up config menu, something just seemed off to me. I felt like there was way to little options like Linus said but I didn’t think that HP did that on purpose. I was doing some research and eventually it lead me to omen gaming hub which is not a boot up config but something that you use after you boot it up. It comes standard with all omens and Linus accidentally nuked it when he uninstalled everything else. The information on what this software can do is under here.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3912817-3737596-16

and the download for the gaming hub is

https://www.omen.com/us/en/omen-gaming-hub.html

If I understand the website on what this hub can do it could fix these issue’s, as long as the download page is for windows 11.

now if only HP would make it clear to consumers which software is useful, and which software hot garbageware...

of all hardware manufacturers, in which i'm including intel and nvidia, HP has the best driver utility. it's just that no one uses it because it is so hard to find trough the endless layers of garbage they pile on top.

which comes to the argument.. if something is this hard to find, should we consider it in a benchmark, or just use the hardware as it comes out the box, because you need some years of experience servicing HP products to know your way around the piles of garbage to find the gold.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if something is this hard to find, should we consider it in a benchmark, or just use the hardware as it comes out the box, because you need some years of experience servicing HP products to know your way around the piles of garbage to find the gold.

I'd think not. 

Unless it's in the quick start guide or something else that should be bundled with the computer and "easily read". I put that in quotes because it still wouldn't, but then HP would at least have a leg to stand on with it. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

now if only HP would make it clear to consumers which software is useful, and which software hot garbageware...

of all hardware manufacturers, in which i'm including intel and nvidia, HP has the best driver utility. it's just that no one uses it because it is so hard to find trough the endless layers of garbage they pile on top.

which comes to the argument.. if something is this hard to find, should we consider it in a benchmark, or just use the hardware as it comes out the box, because you need some years of experience servicing HP products to know your way around the piles of garbage to find the gold.

That’s the thing it did come that way out of the box. It just got nuked on accident. Plus the other times Linus used it was years ago in secret shopper and it was bare bones with nothing in it so it’s understandable why he would nuke it thinking it was also just bloatware

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

Out of the box config. Normal user won't open it ever. The one who could is also smart enough to nuke everything HP installed, if not just reinstall windows straight out of the box. Maximum performance option should be the default one.

Also, I fail to see why u installing HP software should lower power limits, could @BlueBlankTank  please elaborate on this?

44 minutes ago, Ydfhlx said:

Out of the box config. Normal user won't open it ever. The one who could is also smart enough to nuke everything HP installed, if not just reinstall windows straight out of the box. Maximum performance option should be the default one.

Also, I fail to see why u installing HP software should lower power limits, could @BlueBlankTank  please elaborate on this?

It can change the amount of power you can give to the cpu but I’m not sure I quite understand what you are trying to ask? @Ydfhlx

Just now, BlueBlankTank said:

It can change the amount of power you can give to the cpu but I’m not sure I quite understand what you are trying to ask?

I'm trying to ask why uninstalling a software changes power delivery? Did they set motherboard to default lower and then overrun that settings by software and then defaulted the higher software settings? That's so amazingly stupid I wouldn't even think of it.

11 minutes ago, Ydfhlx said:

I'm trying to ask why uninstalling a software changes power delivery? Did they set motherboard to default lower and then overrun that settings by software and then defaulted the higher software settings? That's so amazingly stupid I wouldn't even think of it.

Ooohhh. That’s the main setting that the cpu is on before he uninstalled it. That’s the lower power level out of the box. He can change the setting. What I don’t know is if it would default back to what it’s supposed to be if he uninstalled it and if I’m just wrong about it. That’s my theory anyway. I’m going to try to get one in the summer so if Linus doesn’t make a video on it then I can try it then. @Ydfhlx

So I think the motherboard does default to giving the CPU lower power like you said.

It didn't get "accidentally" nuked, It got purposely nuked. No computer should have to rely on the preinstalled bloatware to function at a normal level that is expected of the hardware.

If anything it just makes me sceptical as to what the software is doing if you need to have it to reverse the shitty limits imposed by HP at the hardware level

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 minutes ago, Arika S said:

It didn't get "accidentally" nuked, It got purposely nuked. No computer should have to rely on the preinstalled bloatware to function at a normal level that is expected of the hardware.

If anything it just makes me sceptical as to what the software is doing if you need to have it to reverse the shitty limits imposed by HP at the hardware level

He just uninstalled everything that was pre installed on the computer. I don’t think that that program specifically is bloatware but I think if he knew what the purpose of it was he wouldn’t have uninstalled it.

28 minutes ago, BlueBlankTank said:

He just uninstalled everything that was pre installed on the computer.

As he should have. anything that is not stock windows you don't need

I don’t think that that program specifically is bloatware but I think if he knew what the purpose of it was he wouldn’t have uninstalled it.

Anything that is installed by the OEM is bloatware. If this gaming hub is required to make your computer run as it should, then the entire computer should never be sold to anyone ever, because it's got an arbitrary lock on the hardware that can only be unlocked by some piece of HP branded software that they don't even tell you about. That's REAL scummy,

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Unfortunately, HP isn't/wasn't the only computer to pre-install software that was required to make the system run.

Dell has done it. Compaq did it for a while on their laptops if you wanted the function keys to work. IBM was notorious for crap like this.

It's stupid and scummy and these companies rightfully got the term "bloatware" created for crap like this. I believe GN did a YT video on Dell's latest garbage that ate ~20% of the CPU *at idle*.

LTT was right in nuking that crap right from the start, even if it did cause performance issues down the road. Too much of that garbage comes with backdoors and security holes.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I agree it sucks, I’m not trying to defend their decision. I’m just saying this is how you add more power to the cpu and turbo the ram.

Welcome to world of OEM where software and hardware are often played with for more profit and less performance

PC specs: CPU: i3-8100 Ram: 8gb of single channel ddr4 2400mhz (4gb actually usable due to allocation of intel graphics) SSD: 256gb of HP nvme ssd PSU:HP 180 watt psu GPU: Intel integrated graphics UHD 630 Cooler: Hp stock cooler Motherboard: lga 1151 HP motherboard