Should i leave my power bank charge after the 4th light stops blinking?

AleksiDj73

Hello everyone, i recently bought a new power bank which is the Samsung Type-C 25W 1000mAh or in other words the EB-P3300 and the day before yesterday i charged the power bank to 100% first time (that's what i hoped i guess lol) and today or maybe tomorrow i'll charge it up again. On the first charge i left the power bank charge for 1 extra hour when the 4th light stopped blinking. Does that mean that when the 4th light stops blinking, it has fully charged to 100% or does it still need to be charged more to reach 100%?

I see on the box that 70-100% is the 4th light so technically if the 4th light stops blinking, then it means that it has fully charged, right? If not, then should i leave it charge for 1 more hour or so when the 4th stops blinking?

Thanks for your help 馃槃

1 hour ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Hello everyone, i recently bought a new power bank which is the Samsung Type-C 25W 1000mAh or in other words the EB-P3300 and the day before yesterday i charged the power bank to 100% first time (that's what i hoped i guess lol) and today or maybe tomorrow i'll charge it up again. On the first charge i left the power bank charge for 1 extra hour when the 4th light stopped blinking. Does that mean that when the 4th light stops blinking, it has fully charged to 100% or does it still need to be charged more to reach 100%?

I see on the box that 70-100% is the 4th light so technically if the 4th light stops blinking, then it means that it has fully charged, right? If not, then should i leave it charge for 1 more hour or so when the 4th stops blinking?

Usually on power banks when the 4th light (if there are 4 lights) stops blinking (and 4 of the 4 lights are on) it's fully charged.

I would suggest charging it either until the 4th light stops blinking or whilst the 4th light is still blinking if you want to try to increase the lifespan of the battery.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD聽| How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Usually on power banks when the 4th light (if there are 4 lights) stops blinking (and 4 of the 4 lights are on) it's fully charged.

I would suggest charging it either until the 4th light stops blinking or whilst the 4th light is still blinking if you want to try to increase the lifespan of the battery.

That is true. But honestly, the charging corntollers nowadays will preserve the batterys really good if you charge it "too much". If its full, it will turn of and wont charge for quite while since in contrast to a phone or tablet, a powerbank doesnt really need any power in "idle".

CPU: AMD R7 5800X3D GPU: Powercolor 6950XT Liquid Devil Board: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi Ram: 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4-3200 CL16 PSU: Seasonic Prime PX-1000聽Case: BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2 Cooling: Aquacomputer OCTO-Fancontroller, Custom loop with a 420 45mm Alphacool Radiator in the case, one external. D5 Pump, 9x BeQuiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm High Speed PWM

Just now, alphatessi said:

That is true. But honestly, the charging corntollers nowadays will preserve the batterys really good if you charge it "too much". If its full, it will turn of and wont charge for quite while since in contrast to a phone or tablet, a powerbank doesnt really need any power in "idle".

I meant in terms of charging a battery to 80% and not charging to 100% will increase it's lifespan because of how charge cycles work but you're not wrong, power banks do have charging ICs and chips to prevent charging too much.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD聽| How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Thanks for you reply!

So technically when the 4th light stops blinking means it's fully charged, got it!

Sorry i didn't understand what you meant at your last sentence, if i wanna increase it's lifespan, should i unplug it from charging when all 4 lights stop blinking or should i unplug whilst the 4th light is like 50% charged?

According to what you replied to the guy above, i should unplug it when the 4th light is blinking, like phones charge

Edited by AleksiDj73

5 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Thanks for you reply!

So technically when the 4th light stops blinking means it's fully charged, got it!

Sorry i didn't understand what you meant at your last sentence, if i wanna increase it's lifespan, should i unplug it from charging when all 4 lights stop blinking or should i unplug whilst the 4th light is like 50% charged?

The latter although that might be a bit hard to tell exactly what percentage it is at so probably best bet would be to stop charging it when the 4th light is blinking.

11 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The latter although that might be a bit hard to tell exactly what percentage it is at so probably best bet would be to stop charging it when the 4th light is blinking.

Gotcha gotcha. And yeah it's hard to know at what % is when it reaches the 4th light but honestly i think i should do this, when it reaches the 4th light and it's聽blinking, i will leave it like 10-20 minutes more to charge then unplug it because if i unplug it when the 4th light starts blinking, then the power bank will be at 70% capacity or so so yeah. Thanks for your help though!