Dead RX 570? Keeps shutting down even at low to med usage.

NotTheRealJay

Nice day everyone, as the title says I have an issue with my PC.

I was playing some games when my PC shutdowns with the keyboard and mice still on. I tried to turn it on but it won't boot, I noticed that the GPU fans are not spinning when it's attempting to boot so I removed my GPU and reinstalled it.
After reinstalling it my GPU works but only for a while ( sometimes 5 mins.,10mins.,15mins., ). My guess is it could be a driver issue so I tried to Uninstall it's diver with DDU through  safe mode but the issue still persist. I was planning to change it's thermal paste for I was having an issue about it's thermal but can't buy anything online ( can't buy at our local store, some are close and some are not selling a good thermal paste ) cause there is no shipping option available as we got recently got hit by a typhoon. I've also tried using different PSUs ( 4 in total ) but it still the same. I have no other PC to try the card so I can't test if it's fine or not. 

Is there any other way to fix my card? can't afford a new one right now so any help about my issue is greatly appreciated.
sorry for my bad english

SPECS: i7 3770 cpu
              RX 570 gpu

16gb ddr3 ram
              foxconn h61mx motherboard
              superflower 600w psu

I’m wondering if maybe you’ve got a TIM issue with your card. 570s can be quite old cards.  If the TIM dries out it doesn’t work very well.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m wondering if maybe you’ve got a TIM issue with your card. 570s can be quite old cards.  If the TIM dries out it doesn’t work very well.

It may or may not be the issue. If I remember correctly, I replaced my thermal compound with a Thermal Grizzly this May last year.
As for I think why it's not the issue is because my PC shuts down even when I'm not gaming.
I haven't really checked my GPU's compound right now as I have no other paste to put back.

12 minutes ago, NotTheRealJay said:

It may or may not be the issue. If I remember correctly, I replaced my thermal compound with a Thermal Grizzly this May last year.
As for I think why it's not the issue is because my PC shuts down even when I'm not gaming.
I haven't really checked my GPU's compound right now as I have no other paste to put back.

Shouldn’t be dried by now then even if that stuff does it.  The concept that it was replaced even once more or less shoots that one down. It’s not blue screening though apparently?  If it is there is this mini dump thing that is sometimes useful.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Shouldn’t be dried by now then even if that stuff does it.  The concept that it was replaced even once more or less shoots that one down. It’s not blue screening though apparently?  If it is there is this mini dump thing that is sometimes useful.

No, there is no BSOD. 
It just shutdowns randomly.

26 minutes ago, NotTheRealJay said:

No, there is no BSOD. 

Don't run it until you can get the problem solved, sounds like a hardware problem. That way you don't cause further irreparable damage.

For clarification I used the term shutdown instead of black screen.
What i've been experiencing is a BLACK SCREEN not a shutdown.
Sorry for the wrong term usage.

4 hours ago, NotTheRealJay said:

No, there is no BSOD. 

This might apply. Or not.  I just started watching it so I don’t know how it ends, but there’s a new LTT video about computers just randomly shutting down 

3 hours ago, NotTheRealJay said:

For clarification I used the term shutdown instead of black screen.
What i've been experiencing is a BLACK SCREEN not a shutdown.
Sorry for the wrong term usage.

Ah.  3770s have an iGPU.  It’s not a real good one, but the thing will run on it to test with. All ya gotta do is switch your monitor cable to the motherboard port.  

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Ah.  3770s have an iGPU.  It’s not a real good one, but the thing will run on it to test with. All ya gotta do is switch your monitor cable to the motherboard port.  

Thanks for the video suggestion, but their issue is the " C State " of the cpu? being enabled.
I doubt there is an C state option available on my PC.

6 hours ago, NotTheRealJay said:

Thanks for the video suggestion, but their issue is the " C State " of the cpu? being enabled.
I doubt there is an C state option available on my PC.

C states were mentioned in a recent LTT video about diagnosing computer problems.  From Antony no less.  Might be worth a look.

On 1/14/2022 at 1:43 PM, Bombastinator said:

C states were mentioned in a recent LTT video about diagnosing computer problems.  From Antony no less.  Might be worth a look.

thanks for giving some help but i think my gpu's dying.
i'm losing hope on fixing it and i've tried everything.
guess i'll better start saving for a new one, and i apologize for the inconvenience.