Is ZorinOS good for a begginer?

I plan to install it on my Thinkpad x301 beacuse Windows 10 is so laggy. Keep in mind that this will be my first linux experience and just wanted to see if it is a good pick.

It's decent just like all the other install n' go distros. I haven't played with it in years, but I know it had WINE pre installed and you could switch between a few desktop layouts. I can't garantee a good or bad experience with any distro. But typically if you have a Thinkpad, you won't run into any hardware compatibility issues with Linux. Try it and see if it works out for you. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

I'd say that it and Mint are the two best for people first coming to Linux from Windows. They both feature a "traditional" Windows style desktop environment, which helps to make the transition easier.

I initially went with it when I switched a few months ago, but I'm not a fan of GNOME (Zorin tweaks GNOME), so I switched to Linux Mint using Cinnamon and I'm a lot happier.

Zorin comes in a few different version, Lite is a bare-bones release for older computers, Core is the base release and Pro includes a lot of apps, but costs $39. 

I'd say give it and Mint a try. That's the best way to figure out what distro works best for you. I started on Zorin, had a few issues with it (mostly related to it's GNOME underpinning) then ended up on Mint and I'm happy with.

My laptop is a ThinkPad P50 and Linux runs great on it.

Linux Mint, Ubuntu, PopOS, Manjaro, MX Linux - all these distributions are good for daily driver usage. For a beginner user I highly recommend using Linux Mint Cinnamon as it provided similar to Windows user experience. 

Installed ZorinOS got all of my apps and updates no problem. My CPU is much cooler (used to be 75C idle) and also faster since there is no background tasks chocking it. So far happy and satisfied how easy it is for a complete begginer, and was really impressed about the boot and shutdown times. ps. sorry bad english

temps.png