780 Direct CU II Can't run Battlefield properly ? Help ? D:

exotioner

So pretty much as the title says.
I tried to run my 780 stock, OC'd, (+205 Core clock, +405 memory clock, using MSI Afterburner) Updating drivers to Latest, then to Beta, then back to latest ''official'' drivers, Updating my bios, and so on and so fourth.
I also updated my BIOS to the latest from Asus' Website.
I'm not sure what to do, since judging by MSI afterburner, my card runs stable at the overclock I put it at, it doesn't even hit 70 degrees when i stress tested it in Heaven's Unigine benchmark.
I tried to run Battlefield 4 on ultra, high, customized settings (Medium~high, Anti Aliasing Deferred off, Effects on low, rest I can't remember, but mostly Med-High)

Anyone know how to fix this ? As a Battlefield player, this really bugs me when I get into my littlebird (Yes, I spam that thing to death, sorry) and I fly around for a couple minutes without fps lag, and then my fps drops down to the 40's.

I tried xFactor's solutions such as his video with his video settings, and that config file he made to show the fps, remove motion blur, etc.

I'd appreciate ANY help x.x

Specs in case you need it :
Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II
Maximus VI Formula
8Gigs of G.skill RipjawsX @1600Mhz
i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz,
840 Evo SSD for OS & Loading Bf4

Try removing your overclock and playing for a while. Even if it is stable it may cause conflicts with certain games.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Check your core clock etc with the built in OSD and see if its stable at the oc you enabled. If not try to remove the oc.

Edit: I should learn to read first. weird stuff you got there.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Check your core clock etc with the built in OSD and see if its stable at the oc you enabled. If not try to remove the oc.

Edit: I should learn to read first. weird stuff you got there.

Yeah, I find it weird as hell too ._. And I have the same problem no matter if I play on ultra or custom settings, basically.

That...shouldn't happen

Then tell god to stop screwing with me pls ;_;

Try removing your overclock and playing for a while. Even if it is stable it may cause conflicts with certain games.

Will do. I'll report back in 1-2 games when I've tried it a bit and tell you the results.

Remove both Memory OC and Core clock OC ?

Will do. I'll report back in 1-2 games when I've tried it a bit and tell you the results.

Remove both Memory OC and Core clock OC ?

Yes, change the Core and Memory Clocks back to default and give it a try :)

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I would blame Battlefield 4. If you have battlefield 3, you should give that a shot and see if you still lag.

I have it, but sadly I don't have it installed.. i think xD I'll check my external HDD's and see if I still have it laying around :P

Yes, change the Core and Memory Clocks back to default and give it a try :)

Okay then. 

Thanks for the quick replies, All of you ! 

Even helping out newbies like me, You guys are the best ! :wub:

I have it, but sadly I don't have it installed.. i think xD I'll check my external HDD's and see if I still have it laying around :P

You could also try other games. Or is it only BF4?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

You could also try other games. Or is it only BF4?

Uh, Only other game I play currently would be Dragon Nest, and to be honest there's a slight lag in there too, but it's very minimal, and it only happens when there's like 100+ players located within my render distance. O.o

it's battlefield 4, not your machine

well, Any clue how I fix it ? Because it's actually extremely hard to fly a littlebird in between the smallest cracks in the map, under bridges, and stomping on rooftop campers with lag spikes D:

Edit : And just playing now, it already gives me lag spikes, just like before.

And P.s What's the OSD you were talking about ?

And P.s What's the OSD you were talking about ?

On Screen Display. It shows you all the stuff that is going on with your gpu. Like load, temps, core clock, memory clock etc. (But ingame so you dont have to go outside to see it of course)

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

On Screen Display. It shows you all the stuff that is going on with your gpu. Like load, temps, core clock, memory clock etc. (But ingame so you dont have to go outside to see it of course)

Well, I have 2 monitors, so I normally have MSI afterburner run on 2nd screen just for safety :)

Uh, Only other game I play currently would be Dragon Nest, and to be honest there's a slight lag in there too, but it's very minimal, and it only happens when there's like 100+ players located within my render distance. O.o

well, Any clue how I fix it ? Because it's actually extremely hard to fly a littlebird in between the smallest cracks in the map, under bridges, and stomping on rooftop campers with lag spikes D:

unpark cpu cores might help

I noticed something a little bit weird when I was just playing, and idk if it's just that I never noticed it, but..

my 780 seems to never be ''stable'' at a GPU usage. But that's probably normal. xD

Other than that, my Memory Clock and Core clock seems to be quite stable when I start up battlefield, to closing it. My core clock did have a little dip, but I believe that was when I Tabbed out to answer a skype message.

What GPU usage % are you getting in game & what CPU usage %? Make sure when monitoring CPU usage you use something like resource monitor so you can see per core usage & not just overall usage.

Also when your FPS dips to the 40s does it dip to the 40s & stay there or do you just start getting short dips to around that? Also what happens to your GPU usage & CPU usage when the frame dips happen?

CPU - 3770k @ 4.7GHz | Motherboard - Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB @ 1600 | GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX (2x SLI) | Case - Coolermaster HAF XM | Cooling - CM EVO 212 | Storage - Corsair Force 3 90GB | WD 2TB x 2 | PSU - Thermaltake SMART 850W | Display - Asus VG248QE 144hz + GSYNC kit |  Mouse - R.A.T. 7 | Sound - Creative Titanium X-FI HD | DT990 | ATH-M50 | ATH-AD700

What GPU usage % are you getting in game & what CPU usage %? Make sure when monitoring CPU usage you use something like resource monitor so you can see per core usage & not just overall usage.

Also when your FPS dips to the 40s does it dip to the 40s & stay there or do you just start getting short dips to around that? Also what happens to your GPU usage & CPU usage when the frame dips happen?

Well, my GPU usage jumps all over the place, really. the cpu usage I didn't check, but will shortly ! 

.. Soo Apparently I forgot to post this.

Picture of my GPU monitoring via MSI afterburner : http://prntscr.com/3acmt7

Core Temp says my CPU cores were loaded about 70~85% all over the 4 cores, while sitting at ~60-62degrees.

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that I just re-installed DirectX via the setup in the battlefield folder, as that helped me gain a 8 or so percentage performance boost on my old pc, but apparently with this pc it made it stay around 40~60Frames consistantly.

Should I go download the newest DirectX ? :L

Are you using Vsync?

Also which OS are you using?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Vsync off. 

but after seeing you reply, I tried to turn it on. It somewhat seems smoother, but still not the experince a 780 should deliver :(

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Vsync off. 

but after seeing you reply, I tried to turn it on. It somewhat seems smoother, but still not the experince a 780 should deliver :(

Correct 780 should run bf4 ultra no problem. Make sure you are using the 337.50 driver. 

If it doesn't happen with any other game then it is Battlefield, Also note BF4 runs much more smooth on windows 8.1. I have played on both windows 7 and 8 on the same computer setup and can definitely tell the difference. But I wouldn't suggest upgrading an OS for one game,

Other than that just make sure the card is properly connected. 

Oh what resolution do you play at? 

Correct 780 should run bf4 ultra no problem. Make sure you are using the 337.50 driver. 

If it doesn't happen with any other game then it is Battlefield, Also note BF4 runs much more smooth on windows 8.1. I have played on both windows 7 and 8 on the same computer setup and can definitely tell the difference. But I wouldn't suggest upgrading an OS for one game,

Well, I just went on Tomshardware.co.uk and ALOT of people had the same problem. 

Came across 1 guy giving a very random guess. And I quote him : 

"Have you tried other games? Is vsync or other post processing being forced on by the Nvidia control software?"

What do you think of when he said that ? Other than Vsync ? I came to think of SHADOWPLAY.

Shadowplay.. Hmm, wasn't there something with it only decreasing your fps by ~5-10% ? 

How about 50% :L

I turned it off, and now it runs as smooth as a baby's bottom !

Oh what resolution do you play at? 

Well you're one tricky one, ain't ya. editing your reply after I answered :P

Oh well, I play at 1920x1080 on a 23.6'' Monitor from Acer. :)