DLSS 2.0 on rtx 2060 ?

IvanPicha

Hello guys recently i found cheap rtx 2060 im about to purchase it. I saw that rtx cards support dlss 2.0. I am not very sure how it works but i see bencmarks on games like fortnite with dlss off and dlss on (perfomance mode) the differences was like wtf. I also recently upgrade to 240hz monitor from 144 thats why i need upgrade my rx580 so i can push 240fps in games like fortnite valorant cs etc. So how this dlss works is it for every game or is it for specific games that have this option ? Cuz if is not worth it i can go for gtx 1070 ti for less money that provide almost the same perfomance as 2060. My pc specs if its matter are i7 9700k 32gb ram 3600mhz (possible to upgrade soon with i9 9900k cuz of multithreading cuz i find it on deal  and i will sell my i7 and the cpu upgrade will costs me like 70$) Cuz i run 3 monitors also sometimes i like to stream and i feel i will benefit from 8 cores 16 threads instead  8-8. THANKS 

10 hours ago, rmgdnz said:

DLSS is not automatically supported on every game, only games that have specifically added it. Here's a list.

Thanks. So what do you think is it worth it ? Also rtx has new nvenc which should be better for streaming and keep the same perfomance ? Cuz i even can get gtx1080 for the price of rtx2060 but what do you think which one is best in this price ?

10 hours ago, rickeo said:

On lower end GPU's, DLSS is absolutely worth it for games that support it.

thanks so i will go for 2060 🙂

If you can snag a 2060 for anything resembling an affordable price, go for it. DLSS is awesome in games that have support for it. NVENC is an added bonus if you ever decide to stream. The 2060 is also slightly more efficient on power over the 1070ti if that matters at all to you. The 2060 will also be support with updates longer by Nvidia.   

yeap dlss is basically free performance,  youd never get the frames and graphics quality otherwise. 

(personally don't like using it much, also apparently most of my games don't support it 🤔)

its still good though, if implemented well.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeap dlss is basically free performance,  youd never get the frames and graphics quality otherwise. 

(personally don't like using it much, also apparently most of my games don't support it 🤔)

its still good though, if implemented well.

yeah true its just nice to have also maybe for future proof games. Also im kinda surprised why on fortnite you cant use it on perfomance mode which give you max fps possible. Its only for dx11 and 12 i think. But its kinda waste cuz on performance mode i will reach higher fps then on dx11 or 12 on low settings with dlls.

18 hours ago, IvanPicha said:

yeah true its just nice to have also maybe for future proof games. Also im kinda surprised why on fortnite you cant use it on perfomance mode which give you max fps possible. Its only for dx11 and 12 i think. But its kinda waste cuz on performance mode i will reach higher fps then on dx11 or 12 on low settings with dlls.

It could be low settings doesn't actually have enough details to benefit from DLSS, as its essentially a system designed to take a lower resolution detailed scene and turn it into a higher resolution one.  Its not really a good fit for low quality modes.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7