Vram usage automatically maxes out after sometime

avikadamantium007

From last few days I am having this weird problem while playing any game suddenly after a minute or so the gpu vram memory usage becomes completely full (not just one game but nearly all games including light games like fifa suddenly vram memory usage goes from 2gb to 4gb) and then is starts stuttering like hell , now when i alt tab out of the game it changes to normal for sometime and again the same spike happens when i play the game for some time (a stuuter happens suddenly maxing out the vram usage) . Please help, if any expert is out there.

32 minutes ago, avikadamantium007 said:

From last few days I am having this weird problem while playing any game suddenly after a minute or so the gpu vram memory usage becomes completely full (not just one game but nearly all games including light games like fifa suddenly vram memory usage goes from 2gb to 4gb) and then is starts stuttering like hell , now when i alt tab out of the game it changes to normal for sometime and again the same spike happens when i play the game for some time (a stuuter happens suddenly maxing out the vram usage) . Please help, if any expert is out there.

Would need what gpu you are using and what that number is I suspect.  If it’s a discrete gpu, yeah, that can happen if your monitor is large though it can depend on the app in question as well.  For example breathedge had a problem for a while with 970s because while they were advertised as having 4gb they only really had 3.5gb.  They had to do a special version to make it work.  If it an iGP though, those use system memory, so allocating more memory to the gpu can fix things.  Can’t do that with discrete cards though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Well , it's my laptop with GTX 1050 ti , and no the monitor isn't large it's only 15" , infact I am using the laptop for last 4 years and no I am not speaking about any specific game , it's happening for nearly every game like even fifa too which previously never happened.all the games start fine , after a few mins a microstutter happens and bam suddenly the vram memory usage goes from like 2gb to 4gb maxing out and fps drops tremendously, can clearly notice this in msi afterburner . Do you think it's bcoz of hardware issues or anything else. 

12 minutes ago, avikadamantium007 said:

Well , it's my laptop with GTX 1050 ti , and no the monitor isn't large it's only 15" , infact I am using the laptop for last 4 years and no I am not speaking about any specific game , it's happening for nearly every game like even fifa too which previously never happened.all the games start fine , after a few mins a microstutter happens and bam suddenly the vram memory usage goes from like 2gb to 4gb maxing out and fps drops tremendously, can clearly notice this in msi afterburner . Do you think it's bcoz of hardware issues or anything else. 

There’s always a monitor.  It may just be the one ion your laptop, but it’s still a monitor.  What is the make and model of laptop?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

check entire pc with malwarebytes,  including rootkit scan (its an option) 

also are you sure its Vram? 

in Afterburner you can show "dedicated Vram" as well, it would be interesting if that shows also 4gb...

DDU

Can also try ISLC from the same dev, its unlikely it helps because thats for system Ram, but worth a try.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I have a gtx 1050 ti , o another thing I found out is that this issue only happens when I am connected to the internet, offline the gpu usage spike doesnt happen. do u think there is a gpu miner malware in my system? I did scan with malwarebytes though. and yeah i am telling after seeing the dedicated vram only in msi afterburner only which is weirdly spiking up when my internet is on.

Hi guys thanks very much to the guy who told me to use glasswire , finally caught the culprit, its Roamingproquota.exe located in the following location : C:\Users\AVIKPC\AppData . Now the thing is even malwarebytes caught it but even after moving it to quarantine that file keeps coming back. Infact even when I removed its access through the firewall it still started connecting, so for now I have forcibly blocked by writing inbound and outbound rules in firewall to block that exe, can anybody suggest me how to remove it and what sort of a malware it is, cant find anything about it in google though. (Proquota is a MS process but this one doesnt seem to be its unsigned and glasswire even threw an alert which made me catch it)