H100i V2 and LGA1700 compatibility

eera5607

Hi everyone. Is there a way I can use my Corsair H100i V2 on the new platform LGA1700? It is for an i7 12700KF. I checked the compatibility list, and it includes "Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 240mm" but I´m not sure if it will work with my model. Thanks. 

image.png.d1a496e7e52fe95462999aad362aad6c.png

Is that what you have? There is a model number there so really its the only way to be certain.

**edit**

Man, I thought I accounted for all the variations in the naming scheme but missed "V2". 

Yeah.. back to checking the model numbers. 

3 minutes ago, eera5607 said:

Hi everyone. Is there a way I can use my Corsair H100i V2 on the new platform LGA1700? It is for an i7 12700KF. I checked the compatibility list, and it includes "Hydro Series™ H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 240mm" but I´m not sure if it will work with my model. Thanks. 

My H100i Pro works fine for my i9-1200k.

i9-12900k rather lol

Just now, rickeo said:

image.png.d1a496e7e52fe95462999aad362aad6c.png

Is that what you have? There is a model number there so really its the only way to be certain.

The issue is that I think, that model number is for the kit not the AIO. I don´t recognize that model for my product.

1 minute ago, Beerbuddy said:

My H100i Pro works fine for my 12-900k.

Which kit did you use?

1 minute ago, Beerbuddy said:

My H100i Pro works fine for my i9-1200k.

i9-12900k rather lol

Well, i'm sure it mounts fine but I can say for certain that a 240mm AIO isn't going to keep a 12900k cool under full load/power. 

1 hour ago, rickeo said:

Well, i'm sure it mounts fine but I can say for certain that a 240mm AIO isn't going to keep a 12900k cool under full load/power. 

Like the OP, I already had my cooler beforehand and assumed I would have to upgrade immediately. But after about a week, I have not seen any issues so far. I know it's not really a CPU stress test but my computer scores above average on Time Spy. Imo it's worth a try if he needs something to hold him over until he can get something better.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:30 PM, Beerbuddy said:

Like the OP, I already had my cooler beforehand and assumed I would have to upgrade immediately. But after about a week, I have not seen any issues so far. I know it's not really a CPU stress test but my computer scores above average on Time Spy. Imo it's worth a try if he needs something to hold him over until he can get something better.

Thank you. But do you think I can use the old AIO with the new motherboard and CPU?

On 1/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, eera5607 said:

Thank you. But do you think I can use the old AIO with the new motherboard and CPU?

I actually spent this weekend upgrading my cooler. Beforehand I did some stress tests and played some Cyberpunk. While the AIO will mount and work under relatively tame workloads, I was heavily thermal throttling during stress tests and running hot/thermal throttling when playing on max settings in cyberpunk. After some additional research, I read that the 12th gen cards have a bigger surface area and my understanding is they are slightly shorter than prior gen cards making prior mounting solutions not making a good connection to the card sometimes even having an air gap.

You can try it as a temporary solution, but you will be leaving performance on the table.