Toshiba Introduces New 4K Ultra HD Laptop

4960X

I'm still using a 4 year old toshiba laptop.  Had to recently re-solder power-jack back in place, but other than needing a new battery, for an older dual core it works great. 

Maybe you got lucky with yours because mine were complete garbage, build-quality-wise.

8c0eb.png

i think i'll pass.

This is NOT a gaming laptop. Were you expecting a Titan Z in there for some reason and still be priced at $1500? In the first sentence of the paragraph it says "Ideal for visual creative professionals and multimedia enthusiasts."

15.6" 1080p with no scaling is already too small so whyyyyyyyyy...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This is NOT a gaming laptop. Were you expecting a Titan Z in there for some reason and still be priced at $1500? In the first sentence of the paragraph it says "Ideal for visual creative professionals and multimedia enthusiasts."

yes, I was. I'm not really interested in laptops at all because they're not desktops.

yes, I was. I'm not really interested in laptops at all because they're not desktops.

1) put laptop on desk

2) now have desktop

So would you guys pick this laptop or the lenovo y50 that's about to come out. I've been looking at both of these and am still debating. I own a lenovo y500 and I like this laptop a lot. The pros are that this laptop has a great keyboard, a good screen, upgradable, and it looks nice. The cons are that its  heavy, the bezels are large, it is a giant fingerprint magnet, hate the gloss used on the panel and keyboard, and the worst thing is the trackpad. Although the list of cons is much larger than the pros I still like this laptop. 

I found all my gripes resolved with the toshiba laptop but my only concern is that the display may be too dim. However, the toshiba has slim bezels, doesn't look fingerprint, the trackpad will hopefully be fine, but the keyboard doesn't look as awesome as my lenovo. 

Anyway I'd love ya'lls feedback.

It better not come with norton.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

It better not come with norton.

You know that can't happen. It will have norton all over it. :D

so how much those IPS 4k monitor cost?

considering the specs, it seems 4K IPS monitor didn't cost that much

Tablets have been using 2K resolutions for a long time, so I can see how 4K might make everything look better, even on a small screen. However, I wonder how powerful will be the machine to support that resolution. And how long will the battery last.

Tablets have been using 2K resolutions for a long time, so I can see how 4K might make everything look better, even on a small screen. However, I wonder how powerful will be the machine to support that resolution. And how long will the battery last.

The Radeon R9 M265 should be more than enough, after all this is not a gaming laptop. But yeah, I too wonder how much would last the battery in a real world usage scenario.

Its a Radeon class graphics card and not a Firepro. So is it still 8 bit?

If its 8bit how is it good for creative professionals? I believe they value color depth more than resolution.

Or am I missing something?

4K on a 15.6inch screen. Toshiba is trying to sell this laptop with the word "4K" at this point.

Blog \ Twitter \

If it's not fun, why do it?

4K on a 15.6inch screen. Toshiba is trying to sell this laptop with the word "4K" at this point.

Who wouldn't?

Windows scailing sucks.

I'm using Windows 8.1 on my Retina MacBook Pro and the scaling is just fine. Not nearly as good as OSX tho in terms of scaling for that display.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

but it's a Toshiba, never Toshiba. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

but it's a Toshiba, never Toshiba. 

Toshiba actually has some of the lowest failure rates for laptops out there...

The worst ones are of course HP. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire