AMD announces its STRANGEST CPU yet

Emily Young

AMD’s Ryzen CPUs had some good times while Intel fell behind, but now that competition is back, how will they respond? Can Radeon GPUs keep up with Nvidia? And can you even buy any of it?

Buy an AMD GPU
On Amazon: https://geni.us/e5wEbqb
On Best Buy: https://geni.us/fxXpy
On Newegg: https://geni.us/qKZOEB

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

now THATS what a CPU needs to look like. Always thought they should make them look cooler. Seems like it would be difficult subzero cool it with those gaps where condensation could form. Guess thats what putty is for.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Ryzen 6000 APU's need a new socket on mobile ... odds are they will on desktop too.  Which sucks since my mobo was not cheap.  That said they seem to be just what the doctor ordered.  For what I want to be able to do, if I can get the hardware, these will be the chef's kiss. 

It's too bad that Nvidia does not have a license to produce APU's.  3050 level graphics baked into a CPU are probably the only way to be sure the crypto miners don't just buy up all the stock.  The more they can hash the more money they have so they are a black hole of demand that can never be filled. 

DDR5 being expensive.. I cant imagine what AM5 or AM5 motherboards gonna be.. Oh right,

out of stock.

edit: 200$ for a 6500XT? Guess im gonna see those go for 300 or 400$ in norway.. or i hope atleast we get some not overpriced..

Edited by MultiGamerClub

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

If those cut outs on the heat spreader have contacts exposed then I wonder if that could be an issue for choosing thermal paste.

3 hours ago, Rex Hite said:

If those cut outs on the heat spreader have contacts exposed then I wonder if that could be an issue for choosing thermal paste.

Maybe but on this day and age why would you use conductive thermal paste? Someone is about to come along and explain to me they choose conductive thermal past. I use the noctua stuff that comes with the cooler and I have never ever hit max temp under full load, extreme overclocking may vary. 

11 hours ago, SignatureSigner said:

now THATS what a CPU needs to look like. Always thought they should make them look cooler. Seems like it would be difficult subzero cool it with those gaps where condensation could form. Guess thats what putty is for.

Nah - A coating of dielectric will take care of that.... Or maybe LET? (Liquid Electrical Tape)
And bear in mind AMD will probrably have it's IHS soldered on as well.

I however DO NOT like the new socket (Pins in the socket), more pin problems to deal with like it is with Intel setups.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

28 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

I however DO NOT like the new socket (Pins in the socket), more pin problems to deal with like it is with Intel setups.

I wish for this not to happen too, but it is not possible to cram over 1700 pins into that tiny PGA socket.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Loving YT's close caption on this vid...

image.thumb.png.7007d88821e81b6b4b78658c46f71885.png

Can we get a discount from milk td store . com...?

Wanderer of the Internet.  Gamer of Games   Father of three

Relearning self-building, so please excuse the n00b questions for a while...

Imagine if DDR5 keep getting scalped and Zen 4 become a flop compared to ADL because of it

wait I should stop giving james  I mean Scalper Idea 🤣

1 hour ago, dmmsta said:

Loving YT's close caption on this vid...

image.thumb.png.7007d88821e81b6b4b78658c46f71885.png

Can we get a discount from milk td store . com...?

Tommorow we will probably have this website...

it's for 2,48 USD for sale for the first year

Edited by Space646
added price

I'm disappointed about the move to LGA for AM5. PGA is more durable and - in my opinion - easier to work with, as well as putting the physical point of failure on the CPU itself rather than potentially wrecking the motherboard if something goes wrong. It's also a lot easier to fix PGA pins than LGA ones.

OWNED CONSOLES [ INTV | NES | SNES | GG | N64 | GBCPS1 | GCN | GBA/GBA SPDC | PS2 | Wii | DS Lite/DSi | Wii U | 3DS/XL/nXL | Switch ] PLANNED ( XSX | Amico ) TV: E420VL + CT-26WX15N

GAMING PC/WORKSTATION [ Aether Case: FD Focus G Mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X (16c32t @3.5GHz) | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3600MHz | Mobo: Aorus X570 mITX | PSU: SSR-600TL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: WD SN750 1TB NVMe | HDD: 4TB WD Black | KB/M: Dell Multimedia USB Hub Keyboard (SK-8135) + Logitech G903 HERO | Display: ASUS VE248H + Dell E177FP | Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

HTPC/HOME SERVER [ Phazon Case: Antec 900 Two | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black (4c4t @3.67GHz) | GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB | RAM: 12GB (2x4GB+2x2GB) DDR3 @1400MHz | Mobo: MSI 870A-G54 | PSU: SSR-450PL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: Crucial 240GB SATA | HDD: 8TB HGST Ultrastar + 750GB WD Caviar Green + 200 GB Seagate | KB/M: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000

18 minutes ago, VinLAURiA said:

I'm disappointed about the move to LGA for AM5. PGA is more durable and - in my opinion - easier to work with, as well as putting the physical point of failure on the CPU itself rather than potentially wrecking the motherboard if something goes wrong. It's also a lot easier to fix PGA pins than LGA ones.

It should be ok if treated appropriately. If people treat their electronics as delicate electronics that they should, it hopefully won't be a problem. 

38 minutes ago, William Payne said:

It should be ok if treated appropriately. If people treat their electronics as delicate electronics that they should, it hopefully won't be a problem. 

I'm just thinking of the angle of beginners or clumsier builders. I recently helped a complete novice build a machine and even with a PGA, the actual part of inserting the CPU was a nervewracking experience and if something had gone wrong, it would've been ten times worse to fix with an LGA (especially since I wasn't actually there in person to fix anything that went wrong myself; it was remote assistance over video).

OWNED CONSOLES [ INTV | NES | SNES | GG | N64 | GBCPS1 | GCN | GBA/GBA SPDC | PS2 | Wii | DS Lite/DSi | Wii U | 3DS/XL/nXL | Switch ] PLANNED ( XSX | Amico ) TV: E420VL + CT-26WX15N

GAMING PC/WORKSTATION [ Aether Case: FD Focus G Mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X (16c32t @3.5GHz) | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3600MHz | Mobo: Aorus X570 mITX | PSU: SSR-600TL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: WD SN750 1TB NVMe | HDD: 4TB WD Black | KB/M: Dell Multimedia USB Hub Keyboard (SK-8135) + Logitech G903 HERO | Display: ASUS VE248H + Dell E177FP | Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

HTPC/HOME SERVER [ Phazon Case: Antec 900 Two | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black (4c4t @3.67GHz) | GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB | RAM: 12GB (2x4GB+2x2GB) DDR3 @1400MHz | Mobo: MSI 870A-G54 | PSU: SSR-450PL

OS: Win10 Pro | SSD: Crucial 240GB SATA | HDD: 8TB HGST Ultrastar + 750GB WD Caviar Green + 200 GB Seagate | KB/M: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000

4 hours ago, VinLAURiA said:

I'm just thinking of the angle of beginners or clumsier builders. I recently helped a complete novice build a machine and even with a PGA, the actual part of inserting the CPU was a nervewracking experience and if something had gone wrong, it would've been ten times worse to fix with an LGA (especially since I wasn't actually there in person to fix anything that went wrong myself; it was remote assistance over video).

I know what you mean and to be fear I have had some very very tight ram slots on boards, pcie slots and the light. However one should never ever force a cpu. It should require no pressure at all to install you just gently place it in the correct orientation and carefully install it. 

With AMD AM4 cpu's you almost cant go wrong if you follow the instructions. The instructions clearly show the orientation and when you place it in the socket it will either drop into place effortlessly or if it will sit on top and if it sits on top the pins are so long that it is really obvious that it is not seated.