LG Tone Free FP9 Ear Buds - replacement foam tips?

Snowmirage
Go to solution Solved by Snowmirage,

In case anyone else comes across this searching for the same thing.

I found this company
https://earphonesplus.com/lg-tone-free-true-wireless-replacement-ear-tips/
The originally had a typo on this listing, listing it as compatible with the LG FN9, I couldn't find any reference to that product on LGs website so I thought it may have been a typo.  Emailed them and it was, they verified for me that their part number (SKU) 092-TW45-111 is indeed compatible with the LG FP9.

After seeing the LTT video about the LG Tone Free FP9 ear buds I wanted to give them a try.  I was excited about Linus's feedback about sleeping with them and how comfortable they are.  I sleep with a set every night so I can watch tv without bothering my other half.

I love them so far but with the silicon tips they come with

1) don't seal very well for me, enough that I don't get very good ANC and

2) they pretty easily work themselves out of my ears over time.   

I could probably head bang for a while but I think just moving my head/jaw around gets them to wiggle out over time.  Especially annoying while I'm working on my macbook and every dam time I touch them the macbook opens iTunes....

I'm hoping to find a set of the "Comply" foam style, anyone had any luck finding them or any other replacement ear tips? 

Project EGOR - Overkill on a budget

I don't believe they'd fit in the case if you did use them. If that's a consideration for you at all.

SpinFit makes tips that do fit on TWS units, and they still fit into their cases. Might be worth a look, IIRC they have more sizing than the standard tips.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

14 hours ago, dizmo said:

I don't believe they'd fit in the case if you did use them. If that's a consideration for you at all.

SpinFit makes tips that do fit on TWS units, and they still fit into their cases. Might be worth a look, IIRC they have more sizing than the standard tips.

What do you mean by "TWS" units?  Is there some kind of standard for ear tips I haven't heard of or something?  If so would help my search for sure.

40 minutes ago, Snowmirage said:

What do you mean by "TWS" units?  Is there some kind of standard for ear tips I haven't heard of or something?  If so would help my search for sure.

True Wireless. 

It's not a standard, but standard eartips won't fit in the case. I got Spinfit CP1025 (I think was the number) for the 85Ts I got my aunt they still fit in the case. They're shallower than normal ear tips. You'd have to do a quick search to see if they'd work for you. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

24 minutes ago, dizmo said:

True Wireless. 

It's not a standard, but standard eartips won't fit in the case. I got Spinfit CP1025 (I think was the number) for the 85Ts I got my aunt they still fit in the case. They're shallower than normal ear tips. You'd have to do a quick search to see if they'd work for you. 

Ahh I follow you now thanks!

In case anyone else comes across this searching for the same thing.

I found this company
https://earphonesplus.com/lg-tone-free-true-wireless-replacement-ear-tips/
The originally had a typo on this listing, listing it as compatible with the LG FN9, I couldn't find any reference to that product on LGs website so I thought it may have been a typo.  Emailed them and it was, they verified for me that their part number (SKU) 092-TW45-111 is indeed compatible with the LG FP9.

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2022 at 8:44 PM, dizmo said:

Actually I have Comply tips on all my TWS earbuds (Galaxy Bud Pro, Jabra75, Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro, et al). Never had their tips not fit. They do a great job designing them to do so..

BTW, I'm also waiting for LG FP9 tips from Comply. I got the tips from EarphonesPlus.  To be honest, I didn't care for them as much as I like my Complys, but YMMV, I will say that from my one experience with it, that their customer service is first rate and made me a repeat visitor.

4 hours ago, Art Fern said:

Actually I have Comply tips on all my TWS earbuds (Galaxy Bud Pro, Jabra75, Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro, et al). Never had their tips not fit. They do a great job designing them to do so..

BTW, I'm also waiting for LG FP9 tips from Comply. I got the tips from EarphonesPlus.  To be honest, I didn't care for them as much as I like my Complys, but YMMV, I will say that from my one experience with it, that their customer service is first rate and made me a repeat visitor.

And they still fit perfectly into the charging case? Comply tips IIRC are foam. So they're different.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler