Best choice for my friends new Gaming PC

Guiltyxz

My friend is looking to get into PC gaming, would he be better off getting a prebuilt with a R5 5600G and 16gb RAM (https://veno-scorp.co.uk/products/nv-140se) for £550 or a R5 1600 and GTX 1060 6gb and 16gb ram pc on eBay for the same price and upgrading the CPU in a few months. Opinions?

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

The R5 1600 one would be a much better deal IMO because you would get a GPU with it, those are hard to find nowadays. Rest of specs also matter. 

I would actually recommend going with the first one however because A, you know you are buying from a legit prebuilt company not some random dude on ebay and B, he can add a 3060 ti or something later on. 

As said above yes the ebay is going to perform MUCH better, but buying second hand is a risk that's not for everyone, but that's up to you. Atleast if something goes wrong with the prebuilt you have some form of warranty. What sort of games is he planning on playing?

One thing to watch with the prebuilts though is although the parts may be new that might not stop them being bad. The mobo in that prebuilt is a520 and is likely kinda junk and i'd guess the PSU probs aint great either so you'd probably end up replacing those before putting a big GPU in. From the pictures is does look like its running dual channel memory atleast

Ryzen 7 2700X  | Gigabyte RX5700 XT | ASUS TUF B450M | HyperX Fury 2x16gb 3200MHz |  CM MasterBox Lite 3 (Mesh Modded) | Corsair MP510 960GB | Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700w