pc exits to desktop when the moniter gets powered off 

hi 
as the title say whenever the moniter power off ( turn off ) my pc exit from what ever app/ game its in to the desktop 

how do i fix this ( the pc stay where it was before the moniter turn off like stays in game rather than exiting to desktop) 

thanks for the help 

desktop on back ups 
moniter is not 
moniter: samsung odyeesy g7 

OK, let's back up a minute here.

Why do you turn the monitor off?

How exactly are you determining that whatever game/app you were running exits when you turn off the monitor, and when? Obviously if the display is off you can't see... are you determining by sound from the game or something? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

20 minutes ago, Middcore said:

OK, let's back up a minute here.

Why do you turn the monitor off?

How exactly are you determining that whatever game/app you were running exits when you turn off the monitor, and when? Obviously if the display is off you can't see... are you determining by sound from the game or something? 

power ( electricity ) turn off its not stable where i live 
i have the desktop on a backup ups but i cant plug in the moniter too 
so when power goes off the moniter turn off too 

i usualy play destiny 2/lol and when moniter turn off i lose controll in game ( cant use abilities and shoot ) 
and when moniter get back on it opens on desktop (which means the pc is exiting from the full screen game to desktop when the moniter turn off) 

sorry if it doesnt make any sense  

moniter / pc setting
g sync off 
hdr off 
adaptive sync on 
dynamic contrast off 
local dimming off 
vrr control on 

Edited by Royal Flush

well... turning the monitor off... removes its signal... so your pc is like, "oh well no output" so it'll close fullscreen applications.

19 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

well... turning the monitor off... removes its signal... so your pc is like, "oh well no output" so it'll close fullscreen applications.

is there anyway to stop that 
that didn't use to happen on my old monitor

Just now, Royal Flush said:

is there anyway to stop that 
that didn't use to happen on my old moniter

thats because on ur old monitor, it wasn't really turning off. It was just shutting off the screen. Whereas modern monitors and more expensive modern ones turn off fully to save more power. Unless ur monitor has some setting in its little menu, you cannot change it.

21 minutes ago, Jack Dvorak said:

thats because on ur old monitor, it wasn't really turning off. It was just shutting off the screen. Whereas modern monitors and more expensive modern ones turn off fully to save more power. Unless ur monitor has some setting in its little menu, you cannot change it.

both of them are completely powered off 
there is no electricity in the house so no possable way for them to stay on