Low FPS and Micro Stutters

ItsPuppy

In Fortnite my fps has micro stutters and goes from 90 to 20 for half a second every 10 seconds. And with Minecraft on a basic server I have with my friends, My fps is always at around 30 to 50 even on low settings. I have replaced the thermal paste on my GPU and my CPU today. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening since the GTX 650 TI 2gb should be enough to run these games at 60 fps or more

image.png

Just now, PuppyMC said:

In Fortnite my fps has micro stutters and goes from 90 to 20 for half a second every 10 seconds. And with Minecraft on a basic server I have with my friends, My fps is always at around 30 to 50 even on low settings. I have replaced the thermal paste on my GPU and my CPU today. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening since the GTX 650 TI 2gb should be enough to run these games at 60 fps or more

image.png

Single channel ram is your killer get dual channel ram and it should fix everything.  

2 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Single channel ram is your killer get dual channel ram and it should fix everything.  

I'm a bit of a noob at building pc's how do I switch to dual channel?

Just now, PuppyMC said:

I'm a bit of a noob at building pc's how do I switch to dual channel?

Dual channel would require you to have two sticks of ram in the correct slots. Usually alternating so for instance if you numbered the ram slot left to right with numbers 1 to 4 then you would want your ram sticks to be on slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. 

Alternatively if you only have 2 slots then you would just need to put two sticks in those two slots. 

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Pic of your current ram config?

9 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Dual channel would require you to have two sticks of ram in the correct slots. Usually alternating so for instance if you numbered the ram slot left to right with numbers 1 to 4 then you would want your ram sticks to be on slot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. 

WIN_20211228_11_04_02_Pro.thumb.jpg.ab957d2ab45c2d5dc4f6caa822b65562.jpg

Just now, PuppyMC said:

WIN_20211228_11_04_02_Pro.thumb.jpg.ab957d2ab45c2d5dc4f6caa822b65562.jpg

it was already in slot 1 and 3

2 minutes ago, PuppyMC said:

Try 2 and 4? If that doesn’t work check the bios and see if it’s dual channel in there

1 minute ago, PuppyMC said:

although the first 2 slots are the blue and the last 2 are white if that changes

1 minute ago, PuppyMC said:

although the first 2 slots are the blue and the last 2 are white if that changes

YES try that it might be a thing on older mobos but usually same colors match put them in matching slots and it should fix your issues. Tell me if it help

7 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

YES try that it might be a thing on older mobos but usually same colors match put them in matching slots and it should fix your issues. Tell me if it help

YES IT WORKED. tysm for the help

image.png