is graphic card enough for 144hz?

Guest FrA123

are the following specs enough for 144hz monitor? - i5 7500 - 1050ti

i7 4790 - 1060

i got these two configs already, i`m wondering if these are enough for 144hz or will i have any problems with it?

In what games? At what resolution?

In extremely easy to run esports stuff like Rocket League at 1080p, yeah very possibly. In anything AAA, no way. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

In what games? At what resolution?

In extremely easy to run esports stuff like Rocket League at 1080p, yeah very possibly. In anything AAA, no way. 

games in general, GTA V, Skyrim, the witcher, dark souls, cs go, pubg, fortnite, minecraft, etc, etc ,etc

Its because i donno what monitor to buy with my specs, the only good ones are TN panel, which i dislike

4 minutes ago, FrA123 said:

games in general, GTA V, Skyrim, the witcher, dark souls, cs go, pubg, fortnite, minecraft, etc, etc ,etc

Its because i donno what monitor to buy with my specs, the only good ones are TN panel, which i dislike

This is the problem.  You are looking to "just enough" a monitor, rather than buying something that will allow you headroom for a future build.

Shoot for at least 1440p and 144hz, and if you run a game that won't quite max out performance on that--well that's your room for improvement in a future build.

2 hours ago, IPD said:

This is the problem.  You are looking to "just enough" a monitor, rather than buying something that will allow you headroom for a future build.

Shoot for at least 1440p and 144hz, and if you run a game that won't quite max out performance on that--well that's your room for improvement in a future build.

i understand, the problem is that i dont thing this "future build" will be in the near future at all, maybe 2025 and beyond. 

If I only got 4 years out of a monitor, I'd want my money back.

And I would not buy 1080p if my life depended on it.

Any of it is good for the hz. Nothing to do with the fps. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Any of it is good for the hz. Nothing to do with the fps. 

Really? Because i seen people saying i wont get the best out of my Monitor if i cant keep up at good 144 fps or above, so the experience would not be that smooth and would cause a lot of stuttering. I am just asking because i have never owned a 144hz monitor so i dont know, my graphics card is only 4gb so it wont go past 55fps in most Newer games.

36 minutes ago, FrA123 said:

Really? Because i seen people saying i wont get the best out of my Monitor if i cant keep up at good 144 fps or above, so the experience would not be that smooth and would cause a lot of stuttering. I am just asking because i have never owned a 144hz monitor so i dont know, my graphics card is only 4gb so it wont go past 55fps in most Newer games.

Doesnt matter if you get the fps or not. Its gonna be better than 60hz. If its a decent monitor, it will have and support gsync. Which adapts to what fps you get to that limit. Neither of those cards are gonna be great any any recent game but I get over 55 frames with my 3gb 1060 on the new bf game. Plays like crap with such a weak cpu paired with it but it gets 100+ frames on my 240hz monitor. Id rather only partly use it than not have it at, as I primarily play fps games and its woth having regardless of fps. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

12 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Doesnt matter if you get the fps or not. Its gonna be better than 60hz. If its a decent monitor, it will have and support gsync. Which adapts to what fps you get to that limit. Neither of those cards are gonna be great any any recent game but I get over 55 frames with my 3gb 1060 on the new bf game. Plays like crap with such a weak cpu paired with it but it gets 100+ frames on my 240hz monitor. Id rather only partly use it than not have it at, as I primarily play fps games and its woth having regardless of fps. 

Oh really? I thought it would case stuttering or lag in some games due to graphics and stuff, will i need to lower my graphics to be able to use it? Can i lower the refresh rate if necessary?

1 hour ago, FrA123 said:

Oh really? I thought it would case stuttering or lag in some games due to graphics and stuff, will i need to lower my graphics to be able to use it? Can i lower the refresh rate if necessary?

You can do what ever you want. Running lower frames than the refresh rate wont cause an issue. You dont need to lower graphics to use it, you'd want to lower them because of the card. And you can lower the refresh rate to what ever it supports. 

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

You can do what ever you want. Running lower frames than the refresh rate wont cause an issue. You dont need to lower graphics to use it, you'd want to lower them because of the card. And you can lower the refresh rate to what ever it supports. 

This.

And this is why the market stagnates, because people have bought into this myth that you can't and shouldn't buy a monitor that will outperform your PC.  And any good monitor will easily be compatible with whatever you throw at it, gsync and all.