Motion Detection Audio Player?

Doxxy

Probably set it up on a RasPi, I want something to detect when I open the door to my room and it blasts through my speakers

or even when I shout "MURICA" it can detect my voice, would that be possible?

Hey.

Probably set it up on a RasPi, I want something to detect when I open the door to my room and it blasts through my speakers

or even when I shout "MURICA" it can detect my voice, would that be possible?

Anything is possible with technology.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Anything is possible with technology.

Cool.

Any tutorials, please?

I can't find anything.

Hey.

Cool.

Any tutorials, please?

I can't find anything.

Actually something like this would be rather simple to create. I recommend you grab yourself a raspberry pi, some wire and a magnet and a reed switch. A speaker, possibly one powered over USB you could actually create yourself with a simple transistor amplifier and some knowledge of Python.

What you would do is set up the reedswitch on the doorframe in such a way that when the door is open, the magnet is away from the switch and the switch is open or LOW. When the door is closed the magnet interacts with the reed switch and the switch is now closed, or HIGH.

Then you can actually use a guide like this that will teach you how to get the python programming language to interact with the GPIO (General Purpose Input/Output) header on the raspberry pi module itself to REED the state of the reed switch. Make yourself some event triggers with python and you can then tell python to do stuff when a door opens and closes, such as play sound.

As for the voice activation, you can also use the python language to consistently record from a microphone and feed that into the google API to find the words MURICA or such, which would trigger an event. This would be a lot more complicated and a detailed understanding of programming fundamentals would be required as you would need to understand in detail how to break the problem down into sizable chunks of code.

Continuing from that, you can find tutorials to any bit of an idea you have but you need to understand how to break your problem or idea down into individual modules or stages of development. With each module of your idea, you can then find a separate tutorial on how to do that specific task.

In other words, googling "How to make a raspberry pi play a music file when a door is opened"

would return less results than

"How to make a door switch"

"How to connect a switch to raspberry pi"

"How to access GPIO headers from raspberry pi"

"How to get started with Python"

"How to play a sound file in python"

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

-snip-

Oh, google! I never used that, it's too advanced, always used bing.

said no-one ever

Thanks for that, that's gonna help me :P

Hey.