Suggestions for New Headsets?/Dont Buy JBL Quantum 600s

Ndwolfy780

Its finnaly come time to get a new headset to replace my poor 5 years old Turtlebeach Stealth 300s. The mic is dying, one of the ear pieces are starting to break off and I have to hold the cable in the right spot for it to work. It has definetly served me well though as I orginally used it on my Xbox before I went to PC, Ive used them for just about everything really, and it still sounds just as good as they day I got it, well, when it works.

I orginally got a pair of JBL Quantum 600s to use as my new headphones but It sucked so bad I returned them the next day! Which really sucked because I use JBL headphones and Speakers as my daily headphones and I was expecting the same sort of quality. The Microphone started peaking out with just a raised voice. The volume was so quite I had to turn every damn volume adjuster to the max to just hear anything. And overall just sounded worse than my old headphones! It sounded like all the diffrent tones just washed each other out and it could only handle one sound/tone at a time which really sucked when trying to listen to music. Even when I tried to adjust the sound profiling with the equalizer through the software that comes with it I couldnt get it to sound right, it was close but it just wasnt there and still sounded off. What was worest of all was when you tried to use the surround sound with it! It was like sitting in an empty kind of echoy room listening through TV speakers that surrounded you, but like not at the right distance either so It somehow sounded too close and far away at the same time!

Anyway enough ranting. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for a new headset within the 100 - 200 (AUS) dollar mark? I primarily just listen to music and play games like Escape from Tarkov and Overwatch